Private Tour: Taroko Gorge Day Trip from Taipei
Gaze with awe at the sheer marble cliffs of this remarkable gorge and the Liwu River that flows through its rocky landscape. Visit the Eternal Spring Shrine, one of the most photographed scenes around the gorge, where small temples were built to memorialize those who lost their lives in the construction of the central cross-island highway. Then stop for lunch at Leader Village Taroko, a sublime mountain hideaway serving aboriginal-inspired dishes.
After lunch, transfer to Tienhsiang and stroll around the small village. Check out the Tienhsiang Lodge and nearby amenities as you walk along shaded walkways and take in the photo-worthy landscape. Catch sight of Hsiangte Temple and its pagoda, situated on a hilltop and reached by a suspension bridge over the Liwu River.
Next, your guide will accompany you onto the scenic Lushui Trail, an easy hiking trail that includes magnificent views of Taroko Gorge and the Liwu River below. Follow the trail as you climb uphill at a mild pace, then cross a suspension bridge before making your way onto an exposed cliff – wide enough for two people – with safety railings along the entire cliff segment.
When you’ve returned to your car, continue to Chi Hsing Beach for a stroll. Finally, visit the Hualien Stone Sculptural Park and a marble factory before your guide returns you to Taipei by express train. Upon arrival in Taipei, you'll be transferred to your hotel in Taipei by private car before the tour is concluded.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private, air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Chishingtan Scenic Area
- Entry/Admission - Eternal Spring Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Taroko National Park
- Entry/Admission - Taroko Gorge
- Entry/Admission - Tianxiang Scenic Are
- Entry/Admission - Tunnel of Nine Turns Trail
- Entry/Admission - Hualien Rose Stone Art Gallery
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Our guide Walter knew a great deal about the gorge and many sites on the way. He was friendly and his English was excellent. We enjoyed the views along the way and was worth the extra time by car rather than the bullet train. Our driver Jackie was excellent on the winding roads.