Taipei in Motion: City Day Tour by Bike, Metro and Walking
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, 21 Chung-Shan S Rd, Taipei 1004 Taiwan
Visit Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Yongkang Street, Yongkang St., Da'an Dist., Taipei Taiwan
Visit Yongkang Street and have lunch (at guest's expense)
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Elephant Mountain (aka Nangang District Hiking Trail), Lane 150, Songren Rd., Taipei Taiwan
Hike up Elephant Mountain (spectacular views of Taipei 101)
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Daan Forest Park, Xinsheng South Road, Daan District, Taipei Taiwan
Bike ride around Daan Park
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Songshan Cultural and Creative Park, No.133 Guangfu South Road, Taipei Taiwan
Drop off at Songshan Cultural & Creative Park
- Bike and safety equipment
- Professional English guide
- Public transportation fare during the tour
- Travel insurance
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This tour doesn't not recommended for children under age 10.
- This tour requires a moderate level of fitness to participate
- Travelers are recommended to bring a hat, bottled water and sunscreen
- Exact pick-up time and tour guide’s contact number will advised two days before tour departure
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- As most of this tour is outdoors, your guide reserves the right to alter the itinerary based on weather conditions.
- Tour requires a minimum of 4 guests. We will do our best to accommodate individual travelers by placing them on tours with other guests. In the event an individual traveler cannot be so accommodated, guests will be offered an alternative tour of equal value or full refund.
- Cancellations are permitted up until 48 hours before departure with a full refund. Cancellations made 48-24 hours before departure will receive a 50% refund. Cancellations made less than 24 hours before departure are non-refundable.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
We had a very good day with our guide Kai. Kai spoke excellent English, and showed very open to explain and discuss many particularities of Taiwanese traditions and culture. He also showed to be a great improvisor, when he found out that we already had visited the Chang Kai Check Memorial he quickly fitted in a visit to an Oohlung Tea House where we were given a full tea ceremony and an explanation of making tea in rounds. Thereafter we cycled and ended up in a restaurant for lunch, where Kai introduced to the main Taiwanese dishes. That knowledge served us greatly during the next 2 weeks of our trip. We walked up the mountain and visited the design center. After a farewell coffee Kai left us, and we went our way. We foster our very good memories of the day spent with you Kai! Many thanks!
We had a blast riding a bike around Taipei City with our personal tour guide Kai. He took his time to make sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions about Taipei culture and customs wonderfully. One of my favorite tours of the city, especially if you like to mingle with the locals and try Taipei's awesome public transportation.
My sister an I had an incredible time exploring Taipei with our guide. He was knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. This tour was a great way to see the town in a short period of time.
I thought it'd be a good idea to do a general tour on one of the first days of my trip to help me get the lay of the land. This turned out to be an excellent choice. The main sights were: - Elephant Mountain, which has the best vantage points of downtown Taipei and in particular the 101 skyscraper. This may only be 600 feet high but in the heat and humidity you'll really feel it! Be sure to take water - Songshan Cultural Creative Park, which is an intriguing mix of old and new architecture, with various shops and stalls, right near some proper countryside and next to the impressive but unfinished new Taipei Dome - Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall, which houses an impressive museum on the Nationalist leader and hosts a regular changing of the guard. The matching, enormous National Theatre and Symphony Hall buildings recent but with traditional architectural styles are in the same complex We also called in on a Japanese-era house. As the name suggests, the tour uses various modes of transport. I always enjoy cycling around East Asian cities and Taipei - with its handy YouBike system - was no exception. Summer was a charming host, leading our tour efficiently and with great energy and humour, with much explanation of history, local customs etc along the way. The cycling always felt safe and the overall pace of the day was unhurried, incorporating a beef noodle lunch and the obligatory bubble tea. An excellent introductory tour.
Interesting and fun way to explore the city. Special shout-out to our tour guide, Kai, who is very friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and guided us well throughout the tour !!. Thank you!
Great tour with a very friendly and knowledgeable guide! Best way to explore this beautiful and vibrant city. Highly recommended!!