Yehliu Geopark Shuttle Bus from Ximen
Avoid the pricey taxi fares or crowded tourist buses and embark on the most flexible and most convenient way to visit Yehliu Geopark and the scenic sights of Taiwan’s northeast coast. Depart from Ximending and drive to Yehliu before the crowds to take in the incredible scenes of fascinating ‘honeycomb’ and ‘mushroom’ rock formations caused by weathering. Stroll along the windy cape and snap pictures in front of the phenomenal Queen’s Head rock - visit now as it’s predicted the formation won’t be around many years more! Next you’ll drive past the ‘Ying Yang Sea’ where natural ions create a swirl of blue and yellow water in the bay, reminiscent of the ancient Chinese symbol. Look up hill to see the ‘Remains of the 13 Levels’, a former copper-smelting refinery, but now a popular spot for some industrial-chic Instagram snaps, then see the glittering cascade of the Golden Waterfall. Continue up to the top of the hill to Jiufen village, one of the most popular things to do in Taipei. Jiufen, which experienced a gold rush during the Japanese occupation, is a maze of narrow alleys, traditional stores, red lanterns and quaint tea houses nestled into the mountainside. After two hours of freetime, journey to Shifen, a village built beside the rail tracks, where you can paint a colorful lantern with your wishes before sending it gliding into the sky. Hop back on the bus to be delivered back to Ximen in time for dinner.
- See the northeast coast’s fascinating Yehliu Geopark and the famed ‘Queen’s Head’ rock
- Visit the quaint hill village of Jiufen, decorate and set off a glowing lantern at Shifen
- Enjoy roundtrip shuttle transfers and plan your own itinerary (no tour guide included)
- Meet up and depart from Ximen MRT Station, conveniently located in Taipei’s main hostel area
- Make friends with other travelers on the bus journey
- Don’t miss out on the One Day Traditional Chinese Dress Rental in Jiufen for the most special experience in Jiufen!
How To Get There:
- Exit for Ximen MRT Station Exit 4 and walk ahead for 10-15m and you will find a minibus with the orange Klook logo at the front
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email