Gokayama Bus Tour
Venture deep into the Gokayama region to explore some fascinating countryside villages, known for their iconic steeped-roof gasshozukuri farmhouses. Enjoy the ease of hotel transfers and the help of an English speaking guide as you make your way into some of the region’s remotest villages. This isn’t your average group tour - the route is designed to aide your Japan sightseeing by taking you to some hard to reach locations, away from large tourist numbers. It’s not a package tour - when you arrive at each location, you’re given free time to explore by foot on your own. You’ll visit the two World Heritage Sites of Shirakawago and Ainokura villages, which remain as beautiful examples of local folk culture. Dine on local cuisine for lunch overlooking the iconic steeped-roofs of Shirakawago’s farmhouses and get clued up on local history with free time at the Gasshozukuri Minkaen Outdoor Museum.
- Visit historic villages including two World Heritage Sites with the utmost ease on a one day bus tour
- Explore Ainokura, a remote farmhouse village in the Gokayama region
- Discover the steeped-roof traditional farmhouses of Shirakawago - some over 250 years old!
- Venture into some of the area’s remotest villages, away from other tourists
- Learn about local history from your English speaking guide
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 1 business day. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email