Evening Glow Worm Kayak Tour in Tauranga
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waimarino, 36 Taniwha Place Bethlehem, Tauranga 3176 New Zealand
this meeting point is also Waimarino Adventure Park Tauranga's longest established tourism attraction where families enjoy the days activities
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: McLaren Falls Park, Tauranga New Zealand
Enjoy light refreshments on the Edge of Lake McLaren prior to departing in double kayaks into the sunset. Here you will discover the birdlife settling for the evening and the gentle splashes of fish (trout) breaking the surface for the final evenings meal. You then paddle to the head of the lake and transition from daylight to darkness through dusk. this is when the stars start coming into view and the glow worms begin to pop from the native bush on the cliffs.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: McLaren Falls Park, Tauranga New Zealand
NZ's second largest arboretum. A multitude of bird life and amazing trees are seen.
- Kayak and equipment
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Light refreshments
- Professional guide
- Dry Bags
- Entry/Admission - McLaren Falls Park
- If Hotel Pickup is required please select the Hotel pick up option.
- An additional cost per person does apply to Hotel pickup/drop off.
- Entry/Admission - Waimarino
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required to commence a tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
I didn't expect to be so pampered with the pre-launch treats! The guides worked hard to make us all feel comfortable with the kayak operations. My daughter and I were really impressed with the amount of time we got to spend under the stars while learning more about the glow worms. I highly recommend it!
Absolutely awesome! Highly recommend this tour. The guides were excellent and the glow worms were so cool to see. I’d never kayaked before but I felt very confident and safe. Such a cool experience was definitely a highlight of the trip, a must do! Worth every penny!
Best experience we had in New Zealand! Kayaking a placid lake at dusk, a great guide, Sean, and glow worms gave us a spectacular evening of memories. A nice touch would be a photo of each kayak as they leave the staging area.