Tauranga Shore Excursion: Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Tour and Polynesian Spa Combo Including Lunch
• ALL ENTRANCE FEES AND CULTURAL SHOW ARE INCLUDED
• TWO COURSE LUNCH INCLUDING UNLIMITED TEAS AND COFFEE
Your driver/guide will meet you in the morning at the port of Tauranga and take you along the beautiful coastline of Mount Maunganui in a small group mini van/bus. See kiwifruit orchards and lush countryside as you drive for around 75 minutes to Rotorua. Here you will experience the very best of Rotorua and stop at the Whakarewarewa Valley (with geysers, steam vents and mud pools).
Your small group will have an official Maori guide in order to experience this fascinating tour of the valley intimately. See geysers, mud pools, and mineral springs, and learn about Maori culture while watching a traditional Maori cultural performance. Hear and experience the rhythmic chant of the Haka (traditional war performance). You are invited to share in their everyday life.
Experience the sights, smells and observe first-hand a unique cultural way of living among geothermal wonders. Learn about a culture that is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years. You'll also gain insight into the features of Maori carvings and structures which have deep cultural significance, and of course observe the legendary Pōhutu Geyser. This is the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere which can erupt to a height of 100 feet (30-meters) and as often as 20 times per day.
Next you will be taken for a two-course lunch at one of Rotorua's highly regarded restaurants followed by tea or coffee (with a choice of menu).
You will then move on to the next venue: the Polynesian Spa to unlock nature’s gift in Rotorua. The Polynesian Spa is a geothermal bathing and soul soothing retreat. Renowned for its healing waters and decadent therapies, discover why people have flocked to these waters since the 1800s.
Here you can experience the private elite facilities of the Polynesian Spa’s geothermal hot mineral waters, which are sourced from two natural springs and feed into 28 hot mineral pools. The slightly acidic Priest Spring waters relieve tired muscles, aches and pains, while the alkaline waters of the Rachel Spring nourish the skin.
You will be returned back to your ship in plenty of time after a decadent day of discovery and luxury pleasures.
- 'The Living Maori Living Village" with cultural show! (entrance fee's included inc show)
- Polynesian Spa Resort (entrance fee's included)
- Official Maori guide at the Whakarewarewa Geothermal Valley
- Two Course Lunch: Choice of menu in a highly regarded restaurant with unlimited tea & coffee!
- This is a port pickup only tour designed for passengers off ships arriving in Tauranga Port
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Polynesian Spa
- Entry/Admission - Whakarewarewa - The Living Maori Village
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from the date of tour (or upon booking if within 30 days).
- Experience two top venues of Rotorua and enjoy a relaxing two course lunch
- Swimsuit and towel for the Polynesian Spa
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Please advise driver of any food allergies the morning of the tour
- This tour is for Adults and children from the age of 12 or older
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
The whole day was brilliantly organised with the highlight being the cultural show at the Whakarewarewa Geothermal Village. The insight into Maori culture was thought provoking and it was a great privilege to visit with the local townsfolk. Commentary from the guide was very informative and every stop was interesting. Lunch too was basic but very good. The visit to the Polynesian Spa was very warm and relaxing
I would Highly Recommend this tour, Our Driver was excellant and very informative. The tour guide at the Geothermal was very interesting and to top it off, having a relaxing afternoon at the Polynesia spa.10/10 rating from me!!!
My favourite tour of our cruising holiday to New Zealand. kiesh, the guide at the living Maori Village was lovely and provided lots of great local information. Seeing the beautiful hot springs was amazing and the Polynesian Spa Pools just topped the day off. A definite must. Our tour guide Natalia was great and she even made time for us to stop into a Kiwi Fruit Orchard, which was great.
Natalie was a wonderful tour guide that made everything perfect. The scenery and the Spa were outstanding and the lunch was very good.
OUTSTANDING! One of the best tours of the whole 34 day back-to-back cruise, and all done with Viator. Our tour guide really earned her tips, with a running commentary and so many different stops: kiwi plantation, whiskey tasting the distillery owner was a real comic. And the thermal spa -- be prepared for some very warm to hot water. And you can rent bathing suits and towels if you don't want to bring your own. The Maori village was another great part of the tour . . . . we could not have had a better time! From where we docked it was a one-minute walk to where all the tour vehicles picked us up 8-10 person vans.
Our driver Buddy was a delight and a wealth of information on this tour. He made everything about this tour entertaining and interesting. Our lunch venue was pleasant and the lunch which was also accompanied by pastries, cakes and fruit for dessert was very good. The living Maori village immersed us into a tangible cultural experience and was well worth visiting along with the Polynesian Spa. After thoroughly immersing ourselves into these geo thermal springs, we all felt very relaxed and our skin felt satin soft. However, a word of advice - Don't wear any jewellery in the water - particularly silver as this sulphuric environment will turn it black. If you are arriving in Tauranga by ship, this tour definitely covers many sites and is well worth experiencing.
Tour was great! Enjoyed everything we seen, was very educational and relaxing at the end in the spa’s.
I loved this adventure. The picture shows a very rugged site. But this tour included using the pools that resemble swimming pools. The temperature gradually increases from pool to pool. The Mouri village and show was delightful and educational.