Hobbiton Movie Set and Waitomo Glowworm Caves: Tauranga Shore Excursion
Waitomo Glowworms Caves
You will be taken on a Journey of discovery combining two of the most popular and world famous attractions in New Zealand, Begin your discovery at the world famous Waitomo Glowworm Caves, World renowned and a magnet for both local and overseas visitors, the Waitomo Glowworm Caves occupy a high placing in the New Zealand vacation wish-list.
Enjoy the world famous boat ride under thousands of magical glowworms and become a part of over 120 years of cultural and natural history.
Marvel at Mother Nature's light display as you glide silently through the starry wonderland of the Glowworm Grotto. Meander underground along the Waitomo River and gaze in silence at the myriad of glow worm lights that make up the Glowworm Grotto. As you enter this galaxy of tiny living lights, you'll immediately experience a serene ambience and be fascinated and intrigued by tiny glowworms that light your way!
The Hobbiton Movie Set
An offical guide will show you around the movie set of this breathtaking film set which was created in impressive detail! Walk around the Hobbit holes including bilbo's and frodo's home.
Wonder around the vegetable patches were Hobbits grow their food! with giant pumpkins lying around! and learn about the movie secrets and the attention to detail that is truly mind-boggling.
Your guide tells you how in Tolkien's books, there is a reference to hobbits sitting under plum trees, and how in New Zealand, plum trees grow too big to be the right scale for a hobbit so Peter Jackson had apple and pear trees, stripped of their fruit and replaced them with fake
As for the oak tree on the hill? Also fake, with 376,000 artificial leaves imported from Taiwan and wired onto the tree. When the leaves faded in the sun, someone was employed to repaint them, one by one!
Walk past the Mill and the famous Party Tree that were created for "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" films. At the end of the tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, There will be a complementary drink waiting for you to enjoy in the Green Dragon Inn (Alcohol and non alcohol available)
You will leave the shire and travel through lush green countryside to return you to your Tauranga Port in plenty of time to board your ship.
Transport in one of our 2017/18 luxury vehicle (small Group), taking in the stunning scenery that New Zealand has to offer along the way. (no large coaches)
- Transport by small 2017/18 mini van with air-conditioning
- Bottled water
- Professional Hobbiton guide to guide you around Hobbiton
- Professional Guide to Waitomo Glowworms caves including a boat ride
- Port pickup and drop-off
- No sales on the day Pre booked tour only.
- Entry/Admission - Waitomo Glowworm Caves
- Personal expenses
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Is a Pre Booked Tour only!
- No sales on the day of the tour!
- Ensuring a quick departure for you!
- All vehicles are modern manufactured 2017/18 vehicles with duel air-conditioning uv protection glass and meeting the highest safety standards.
- Pick up time will be confirmed after booking confirmation, dependent on arrival time and departure time of your ship
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund!
- Pick-up is from the port directly and dependent upon time of arrival of your cruise ship!
- Pick-up time will be confirmed 30 days from the date of tour (or upon booking if within 30 days).
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour was amazing!
The tour operator was very good about making changes to accommodate scheduling issues. Our tour was delayed at Waitomo, making us late for the scheduled buffet and tour at Hobbiton. She was able to reschedule the Hobbiton portion and we had a private luncheon. We did have to find her after we got off the cruise ship. Instead of being located with the other tour operators, she was on the side street sitting in her van, waiting for the tour driver to arrive.