Earth & Sky Mt John Observatory Tour
Mt John Observatory is located in the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve, one of the least light polluted places in the world, which is vital for optimal stargazing. On a clear night, Jupiter, Orion Nebula and other well known stars can be seen from the observatory site. This two hour tour comes with a knowledgeable guide that will lead you in observing constellations and stars whilst sharing information about the observatory and sights. There will also be an astrophotographer on hand to assist you in capturing the perfect photo of the sparkling night sky! This experience is suitable for amateurs and astronomers alike, so dress warmly and get ready for a night of discovery.
- 2 hour guided tour of the night sky at Mt John Observatory, part of the Aoraki Mackenzie International Dark Sky Reserve, and one of the best places in the world for stargazing
- Chance to spot Jupiter, Orion Nebula, Centaurus A and other beautiful star formations using state of the art telescopes for clearer observation
- Astrophotography services pending availability
- Enjoy complimentary hot chocolate and jackets to keep warm and comfortable while you stargaze
- You will receive confirmation of your booking’s availability within 2 business days. Once confirmed, we will send you the voucher via email
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email