Private Day Trip to Thanlyin
Thanlyin is the earliest establishment in Myanmar by Portuguese mercenary Filipe de Brito and was once an important Port City of the Mon Dynasty that held the title of Myanmar’s main trading center from the 14th to the 17th century. The suburban town is now a peaceful sleeping village just two bridges across from Yangon, and you will get a chance to explore it in full on an 8 hour tour together with an English speaking guide. After getting picked up right at your hotel, you’re off to the city where your first stops are the buzzing Thanlyin market and the Shwe Sar Yan Pagoda which is said to enshrine relics of the Buddha. At noon, you’ll stop for lunch at your own expense before continuing to see Ye Le Pagoda, known as the floating temple as it’s built on a small island along the Kyaik Hmaw Wun Creek. Your last stop for the day is the ancient Portuguese Church that houses the tomb of Filipe de Brito before you make your way back to your hotel.
- Visit the quiet and peaceful town of Thanlyin, once a major port and trade center
- Marvel at the beauty of Shwe Sar Yan Pagoda and learn about its rich history
- Spend some time in the small Buddhist town of Kyauktan and learn about Buddhist culture from your guide
- Take a boat ride to see the stunning Ye Le Pagoda, towering on a small island in the middle of the river
- You will receive a confirmation email and voucher instantly after booking
- In the event that you do not receive an email from us, please check your Spam folder or notify us via email