Full Day Meteora Tour by Train from Thessaloniki
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Meteora, Kastraki, Kalambaka 422 00 Greece
You will catch the train from Thessaloniki Train Station at 08:18am to Kalabaka and admire the beautiful Greek landscapes during your trip. Arriving in Kalabaka at 11:30pm, your VIP limo mini-bus will be waiting for you at the Kalabaka Train Station with your guide, to begin your customized special panoramic Meteora tour.
You will take an amazing 4.5 hrs Meteora tour, see all 6 monasteries and even go inside 3 of them. There will be plenty of photo opportunity stops along the way. At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to Kalabaka to catch the train back to Thessaloniki. The train departs at 5:15pm and you will arrive in Thessaloniki at approximately 8:30pm.
Duration: 5 hours
- Panoramic view of all 6 Monasteries (visit 3 of them inside)
- Pickup/drop-off from Kalabaka Train Station
- VIP Limo Mini Bus (small groups) during the tour
- Wi-Fi on the bus
- Panoramic Meteora Map
- All taxes
- Local guide
- Entrance fees of Monasteries (3 euro each)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals and soft drinks
- Guide inside the Holy Monasteries
- Entry/Admission - Meteora
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Visitors inside monasteries must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts and long-sleeved blouses. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts.
- We are not responsible for any train delays effecting the duration of the tour. We will be waiting for you to the train station. We guarantee to bring you back in time to the train station.
- Your train tickets are e-tickets and will be send to your email after your tour confirmation.
- Meeting point of the tour is the Train Station in Kalabaka. ( The mini bus will wait for you outside the station )
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Dont forget that you have to change train in Palaiofarsalos Station
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
We had the opportunity to see 2 of the biggest monasteries from the inside Great photo opportunities too A bit of a glitch in sending the train tickets, though. The organizer said they've sent the tickets through Viator, but I did not receive them. I reached out several times through Viator to check on this and no response. A homework for Viator to improve their service, I suppose.