Full Day Class II-III Rafting and Zipline Tour from La Fortuna-Arenal
Prepare for the first half of your exciting outdoor experience as guides instruct you on the ins and outs of controlling your speed on the ziplines. Soon you’ll be ready to soar across the rainforest with the assistance of well-trained canopy guides, where you'll glide along the seven most extreme zipline cables of the park. Begin with an adrenaline filled climb up an 18-meter high tower (54 feet) to fly 120 meters (360 feet) high over the canyon - the highest place in the park. You will cross a hanging bridge to the longest cable -- 980 meters (0.6 miles) -- high above La Fortuna Waterfall with great views of downtown La Fortuna. Finally you will glide across the cables at high speeds -- up to 70 km/hr (43 mph)!
At the end of this section, your guides will provide a delicious tropical fruit snack before you begin your next adventure on this combo tour. Jump back in the 4x4 vehicle waiting to take you to the Balsa River where the day’s excitement is kept alive with an action-packed ride down the Class II-III rapids of the Rio Balsa. Once you arrive at the rafting "put-in" spot on the banks of the Rio Balsa, your guides and safety kayakers will instruct you on how to paddle, the basic moves, commands and safety procedures you will need to know before you embark on a wet and exciting ride. As you raft down the beautiful Balsa River, drink in the majestic foliage of the rain forest as you watch for monkeys, sloths and toucans while you raft. Enjoy a swim, tropical fruits and cold drinks during your break from the action.
After loading the gear on the bus, you will leave for your lunch spot, which is a tour on its own. A delicious, typical lunch is served at a traditional country estate designed for guests to truly experience Costa Rica’s peaceful country life. You will come to understand the meaning of Costa Rica’s favorite saying, “Pura Vida!”
After you finish lunch, you will ride back toward the town of Fortuna. You will have plenty to talk about tonight as you recount your thrilling experiences from this day that is sure to be the highlight of your vacation in Costa Rica.
The bus will drop you back off at your La Fortuna hotel between 4 and 4:30 pm.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Provided equipment: tube, vest and helmet
- Alcoholic drinks
- Soft Drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from hotels outside of immediate La Fortuna area
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum Age 8
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Weather dependent. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is flooding or other government river closure. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Participants will get wet, please dress ready to raft in bathing suit and shoes that will stay on feet.
- Not responsible for items lost or damaged on river, please do not take anything on the river that you are not willing to lose.
- Not responsible for items left on transfer bus or on tour, please check carefully before getting off bus and at end of tours
- Tour requires 1 adult minimum to book
We have gone on a lot of tours and this was probably the best one we have ever taken! The guides at both the zipline and the rafting were very personable, going out of their ways to make it a great time for us. Fabion at the zipline was great. Flaco/Gerald at the river was so good! He went way out of his way to make it fun. Considering everything that is included in this tour (ziplining, rafting, lunch, and great cultural surprises) it is a great value for your time and money!
So much fun and worth the price. Starts with prompt pick up from our hotel. All the guides for both zip lining and rafting were nice. Snacks and lunch provided.
My daughter and I had an amazing time on both the Zipline tour, Thank You so much for your support and kindness Alex and Macoy Gracias Marcos. The Rafting was awesome with really knowledgable guides about the wildlife, Indigenous people and geography, not to mention a kick-ass ride!!!!!! Totally worth it and would do it again PURA VIDA!
Our family had a wonderful time with this activity. The instructions for zip lining were very detailed, and our group was very comfortable with the orientation. The zip lining was fun, but we were somewhat disappointed since there was no zip line over the falls as indicated in the description. The rappelling was an added treat and fun. The most fun and exciting was the rafting with our guide Moises. He was a very capable and reassuring guide who easily steered us over and around rocks, and our adult kids thought this was the highlight of our trip.