Shibuya Crossing Photoshoot with Kimono Rental
With kimono, it is possible to mix and match a lot of different designs and colors, especially with obi (belt). For example, you can match an antique kimono design with the latest obi (belt) design, and so on. You will certainly enjoy creating unique coordinations with the help of experienced staff to dress you up and provide a basic hair-setting service.
Next explore Tokyo in your kimono! Shibuya has many great places to visit, such as the “scramble” intersection and Hachiko (the famous dog statue), which are very popular for taking pictures.
A cameraman will come with you to take some souvenir photos at Shibuya crossing and Hachiko for a 30 to 40 minute photoshoot. You can request photos among old Japanese houses, back alleys, the Meiji shrine and so on.
After the photoshoot you have free time.
Rental is normally up to 4 hours - enough time to enjoy exploring Shibuya or Harajuku. The rental time begins after you are completely dressed in kimono and upon leaving the store. Please return to our store approximately 4 hours after leaving it and there will be somone to collect your kimono after your experience.
There are four plans to choose from:
• Photo Plan: Women can choose furisode/ long-sleeved kimono, ordinary kimono, or yukata. Men can try on hakama/ divided or pleated skirt worn over a kimono. Our cameraman takes photos at Shibuya crossing, Hachiko & other recommended place.
• Kawaii Furisode Plan: Women can try on furisode/long-sleeved kimono. Men can try on hakama/ divided or pleated skirt worn over a kimono. Our cameraman takes photos at Shibuya crossing & Hachiko.
• Kimono Plan: This is a basic plan.
• Yukata Plan: Yukata is comfortable for summer season.
*It is possible to leave your luggage, but please take your valuables with you.
- Dressing fee
- Kimono and everything which you wear with kimono
- Souvenir photos
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- We have a staff speaks Filipino fluently and English
- Minimum age is 3 years old above for girl
- Minimum age is 5 years old above for boy
- In Japan we traditionally start to wear kimono at the age of 3 for girl, 5 years old for boy.This is a cerebration called 'Shichi-Go-San'
- Pick up at the meeting place, Hachiko dog statue (Shibuya station)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Me and my husband enjoyed our Kimono rental experience with Kawaii Kimono Company from the time we were dressed up to the photoshoot around Shibuya with their professional photographer.Thank you very much to Sam and Koji Nakano for their professionalism, for making this special and unforgettable experience for us.Highly recommended.
This was a fantastic kimono experience for my wife and daughter. We chose the basic package which included hair and kimono as well as photos taken by their professional photographer. My wife and daughter thoroughly enjoyed the experience of being dressed up in a beautiful kimono and having their hair done. After some photos were taken inside, they asked us if we wanted to go to a private or public location to take some photos. We walked around and the the photographer went to many locations. The photos are beautiful and professional. The team at Kimono Kawaii are the nicest people and very professional. The studio photos, dressing, hair, props and photographer were all included in the price. Photos were emailed directly to my email at no additional cost. Thank you and we highly recommend this experience to anyone visiting Tokyo.