Kamakura highlights tour with tea ceremony and Enoshima Bay Drive from Tokyo
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kotoku-in (Great Buddha of Kamakura), 4 Chome-2-28 Hase, Kamakura 248-0016 Kanagawa Prefecture
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jomyo-ji Temple, 3-8-31 Jomyoji, Kamakura 248-0003 Kanagawa Prefecture
Tea Ceremony Experience
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Hokokuji Temple (Takedera Temple), 2-7-4 Jomyoji, Kamakura 248-0003 Kanagawa Prefecture
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, 2-1-31 Yukinoshita, Kamakura 248-0005 Kanagawa Prefecture
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Enoshima Island, Enoshima, Fujisawa 251-0036 Kanagawa Prefecture
Enoshima has been visited as a place for temple worship as well as excursions since long ago. Take the Enoshima Escar which will whisk you easily up to Enoshima Shrine. Feel the cool sea breeze as you gaze out on the beautiful sea around Shonan spreading before your eyes.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Japanese-style lunch
- English-speaking licensed guide
- Entry/Admission - Kotoku-in (Great Buddha of Kamakura)
- Entry/Admission - Jomyo-ji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Hokokuji Temple (Takedera Temple)
- Entry/Admission - Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Enoshima Island
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Itinerary order is subject to change depending on operation circumstances of locations to be visited, traffic, weather and operation hours.However, the tour will not be cancelled or refunded even in such cases.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat; no meal provided
- During the peak summer season (July and August), the tour will not stop at Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine due to expected congestion in Kamakura. Refunds will not be issued.
- Participants can take the Enoshima Escar escalator when going up, but will need to walk the stairs when coming down. For those who have difficulty walking, please wait at the Benzaiten Nakamise Street. Please note that refunds will not be issued for such reasons. Thank you for your understanding.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking. Requests made on the day of the tour will not be accepted. Also, allergy-friendly meals, etc. are not available.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Hiro was an excellent tour guide who kept us on track while showing us a Shinto shrine where we had a traditional Japanese tea ceremony and time to take pictures of the beautiful garden. The bamboo forest was spectacular as was the temple. The Great Buddha was amazing and the traditional Japanese dinner was tasty even for those new to Japanese dishes. The best part of the trip was exploring Enoshima Island and the spectacular views of the gardens, temples, shrines and market. A little time to shop for traditional Japanese gifts was a plus. A true Japanese cultural adventure.
The sites which are visited are very interesting and there is a good mix of activities fro the tea experience to the large Buddha and the island.
Kamakura was very impressive and this day trip was really worth it. Mika was a delightful and knowledgeable guide
It was lengthy and only Kamakura was significant. I wouldn’t do it again. The shorter trip would be better. My teenage daughters did not like it at all!
Shima was a great tour guide! This allows you to see a maximum amount of Kamakura in a short amount of time. Yes, you get approximately 30-45 minutes per temple/shrine, but if you don't want the hassle of organizing this trip and the transportation on your own it is worth it. The lunch was okay, but there was plenty of things to try and plenty of other places to grab snacks as well. Would take again.
Our guide Pake really made this trip fantastic. He informed us of what we were seeing while injecting his own experiences and with a great sense of humor.
A well managed tour with plenty of free time to yourself in Kamakura but more importantly in Enoshima too. Good lunch provided, comfortable coach. A full day, tour may not finish at the same place you started as the Hamamatsucho bus terminal closes early - we were dropped at Shinjuku station which was OK for us as we knew the metro quite well by then.
A great day trip with a key guide who was so funny. We met some lovely fellow travelers from around the globe - even one lady who lives about 10 minutes from where we do. We had a great day even though it was long - lots of traffic coming home during peak cherry blossom season but our tour guide tried really hard to keep everyone engaged and happy.
A must see!
Tea ceremony was far too simplified. Lunch was so so.