Mt Fuji Aokigahara Forest and Cave Exploring from Tokyo
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aokigahara Forest, Fujikawaguchiko-machi, Minamitsuru-gun 401-0332 Yamanashi Prefecture
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Mt. Fuji Subaru Line 5th Station, Narusawa-mura, Minamitsuru-gun Yamanashi Prefecture
Duration: 30 minutes
- Coach ride from Tokyo to Mt Fuji
- Bus ride from FujiQ Highland park to Shinjuku
- Local guide (guide service ends after cave tour in Aokigahara Forest)
- Entry/Admission - Aokigahara Forest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 6 years
- It is recommended that you wear good walking shoes with rubber soles for walking in the caves and also bring a light jacket
- Important Notice: This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for poor visibility of Mt Fuji or itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- The tour may conclude at Shinjuku, Tokyo, or Ikebukuro Station depending on the bus status on the day of travel
- If the minimum number of participants 2 is not met by 4 days before the scheduled date, the tour on that date may be cancelled.
- Due to weather conditions, Mt. Fuji may not be visible even from the base. However, the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be given for this reason.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
When in Tokyo, visiting Mt. Fuji is a must do. Joining a tour provides the additional value of getting a commentary about the history and culture of Japan and of Mt Fuji. It saves you the hassle of figuring out how to get there too. The guide gave ideas of what we can do at the 5th Station, e.g. sending a post card with a special stamp from Mt Fuji, trying out the local Fuji pastry. We took the less popular package of checking out the Aokigahara Forest and Cave. If you like nature and hiking, this is a good option. The tour provides the gear for the hike and the trek into the cave, i.e. overall, gloves, hard hat. The guide gives the background of how the forest and the ice caves were formed. She also generously took photos. Just note those photos can be used by the guide company.
The Aokigahara Forest day Trip was AMAZING! It did rain that day but the experience and walk through the forest was well worth it. Yaya was our tour guide and she is extremely knowledgeable. That being said our trip to Mt Fuji was completely overshadowed by the Ice cave. You have 30 mins to see Mt Fuji (if there’s no fog) but you’re not the only tour bus there. You basically have sufficient time to go to the bathroom, glance at souvenirs, and go hunting for your tour bus.
This trip was well worth it ! the mountain is beautiful although if your doing this tour mostly for the mountain you will be disappointed bc you only spend a small amount of time at the 5th station. the forest was pretty awesome and our tour guide was very knowledgeable and amusing . the cave was cool but wasnt as cool and icy as we thought but we did go in october so maybe bc it was winter it wasnt as icy ! everything was well organized.
Really great and informative tour. Toshi our guide was so patient and answered all our questions. This is a great tour, especially if your trying to combine a few activities together while in Japan.
The tour was fantastic. Here are warnings. You need to be fit to go down to cave. There are nothing to hold on or some protection from fall. What we really did not like was that our tour was finished an hour early. The tickets were for later time. Our guide dropped us off on the parking lot, showed the direction of bus station and took off. I would appreciate if he tried to exchange the bus tickets. We were cold , tired and hungry. And unfortunately could not speak Japanese.