Mt. Fuji Day Trip Including Lake Ashi Sightseeing Cruise from Tokyo
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Ashi (Ashinoko), Hakone, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun 250-0521 Kanagawa Prefecture
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mt. Fuji 5th Station, Narusawa-mura, Minamitsuru-gun 401-0320 Yamanashi Prefecture
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hakone Komagatake Ropeway, 138 Motohakone, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun 250-0522 Kanagawa Prefecture
Duration: 50 minutes
- Round-trip air-conditioned coach transfer
- Free Wi-Fi access on bus
- Pickup at select hotels and locations in Tokyo (refer to "Departure Point" for details)
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt. Komagatake Ropeway
- Entry/Admission - Lake Ashi (Ashinoko)
- Entry/Admission - Hakone Komagatake Ropeway
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Important Notice: This tour will depart regardless of weather or traffic conditions, unless you are notified otherwise by the local operator. Viator and your local tour operator will not be responsible for poor visibility of Mt Fuji or itinerary changes due to unforeseen circumstances
- Bringing a coat or additional warm clothing is recommended especially in the spring, autumn and winter
- Vegetarian menu is available and MUST be advised at time of booking
- If Mt. Fuji's 5th Station cannot be reached due to road surface freezing or an accident on the Fuji Subaru Line, the tour will be taken to the highest elevation point possible. No alternative destinations are planned when the tour reaches beyond the 1st station. When the tour has to turn back at the 1st station, or when the Fuji Subaru Line is completely blocked, the tour will visit Fujisan World Heritage Center or Lake Kawaguchi Oishi Park. Please note that an alternative itinerary may also be omitted depending on road conditions.
- Please make sure to specify the meeting location and drop-off location at the time of booking. Please be aware that the specified meeting location and drop-off location may not be changed on the day of the tour. The bus may not stop by meeting locations and drop-off locations for which there are no prior reservations. [Important Notes/Supplements: Regarding Children/Infants]
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats or lunch. If bus seats or lunch is required, please make a booking under the child rate.
- If the Lake Ashi cruise or Komagatake Ropeway cannot be boarded (when not visitable due to suspension of operation, road congestion, or conditions at other sightseeing areas), the tour will be guided to one of the following alternative destinations. Hakone Venetian Glass Museum, Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Pirate Ship, Narukawa Art Museum, Hakone Checkpoint, Lake Kawaguchi Cruise, Mt. Fuji Panoramic Ropeway, Itchiku Kubota Art Museum, Hakone Shrine, Oshino Shinobi no Sato, etc.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Our guide, Mura San, was very knowledgeable about the places we visited especially about Mt. Fuji, the iconic symbol of Japan and its beauty. He even sang a song acapella to our delight. The lunch was delicious at that Ninja restaurant, too. Ohayo Gozaimas, Mura San and Mt. Fuji.
It was fun, me and my wife enjoyed every stop, if you like nature this trip would suit you, over all 5 out of 5
Had a great day at Mt Fuji, a comfortable bus ride from Tokyo and as we started the climb toward the mountain the snow started falling. What a wonderful sight, it snowed all day and the scenery was beautifully white. We went to the tourist centre first where we had a snowball fight, the snow was trickling down, no wind and everyone was having a great time. Then to lunch which was in a beautiful restaurant overlooking a snow covered Japanese garden. Food was fantastic. Then off to a gondola ride up the hill and finished with a lake cruise which was spectacular. A nice comfy bus trip back to Tokyo capped of a brilliant day.
Mt Fuji was at its best. Perfect amount of snow and the trip ensured that the best places to view Mt Fuji were visited. We were lucky the conditions were perfect that day. Highly recommended.
We had a nice sunny clear day the day we toured Mt. Fuji. The lunch meal provided was great! So unique and tasty!! It was a very well organized tour, it was our first time using Viator and I would easily use the again!
We started the bus route and after about 60 minutes we made our first stop at a gift shop/ bathroom. After about 20 minutes we then went to another area of gift shops at the 5th location. Unfortunately it was cloudy so we did not see Mt. Fuji. After being at this gift shop location for 40 minutes, we went to lunch at about 1230. The lunch was inside an amusement park where we had to get our pictures taken for security and ate inside the food place in the amusement park , with gift shops. The hot pot food was decent. After about an hour for lunch we were on our way to Hakone/ Lake Ashi. We arrived at another gift shop and waited for about 20 minutes for the lake boat took us on a 15 minute ride to the cable car and another gift shop. We rode the 7 minute cable car up to another gift shop and top of that mountain. This area was pretty but we were given 15 minutes to explore a shrine and the top of the mountain. Afterward we took the cable car down. This entire trip was mostly gift shops and commuting. We spent maybe an hour of the 9.5 hours actually looking at the sights. The only reason I did not give it 1 star was because our tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable.
i am dissappointed because i was not able to see mt fuji and have cruise at lake ashi but an alternative activity should have been organized
A great trip if you want to take the easy way (no hiking) and enjoy the view from multiple locations!
We cane up and it was snowing, going down to Ashi river the sun was shining and going up to the cable it was windy and cold. Going home it was raining...
Although we could not went to the fifth station, it was a good view of Mt Fuji, also the lake trip was really good even in a very windy day and cold, about lunch it was fair enough for the price and we were lucky because in the way to Tokyo we did not found any delay. Overall experience worth it.
My son and I really enjoyed the Mt. Fuji trip. Our guide spoke decent English and was understandable. She gave us history of Japan that you may not have known. The mountain itself is absolutely awesome. Highly recommend this trip. It also included lunch Japanese style and Lake Ashi. The view from the top of the ropeway at lake Ashi is stunningly beautiful!!
Worth the money! The tour guide was great and we were lucky to see Mt. Fuji
Very well organized; was perfect sunny day; although all locations described itinerary were covered, Mt Fuji, tour highlight, could be seen only while driving. Luckily, made unscheduled stop to enjoy serene view of Fuji-san. Drive up to fourth station and view from tjerevwas disappointing.