Mt Fuji, Hakone, Lake Ashi Cruise 1 Day Bus Trip from Tokyo
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Ashi (Ashinoko), Hakone, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun 250-0521 Kanagawa Prefecture
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Mt. Fuji 5th Station, Narusawa-mura, Minamitsuru-gun 401-0320 Yamanashi Prefecture
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Hakone Komagatake Ropeway, 138 Motohakone, Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun 250-0522 Kanagawa Prefecture
Duration: 50 minutes
- Round-trip air-conditioned coach transfer
- Free Wi-Fi access on bus
- Pickup at select hotels and locations in Tokyo (refer to "Departure Point" for details)
- Professional guide
- Cruise on Lake Ashi
- Mt. Komagatake Ropeway
- Entry/Admission - Lake Ashi (Ashinoko)
- Entry/Admission - Hakone Komagatake Ropeway
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please make sure to specify the meeting location at the time of booking. Please be aware that the specified meeting location and drop-off location may not be changed on the day of the tour. The bus may not stop by meeting locations and drop-off locations for which there are no prior reservations.
- Wheelchair access – please contact local supplier at the time of booking. Wheelchair on the day of departure must be foldable. Passenger must provide their own caretaker.
- If Mt. Fuji's 5th Station cannot be reached due to road surface freezing, an accident on the Fuji Subaru Line, or weather conditions, the tour will be taken to the highest elevation point possible. No alternative destinations are planned when the tour reaches beyond the 1st Station. When the tour has to turn back at the 1st Station, or when the Fuji Subaru Line is completely blocked, the tour will visit Fujisan World Heritage Center or Lake Kawaguchi Oishi Park. Please note that an alternative itinerary may also be omitted depending on road conditions.
- Due to weather conditions, Mt. Fuji may not be visible even from the base. However, the tour will not be cancelled and refunds will not be given for this reason.
- If the Lake Ashi cruise or Komagatake Ropeway cannot be boarded (when not visitable due to suspension of operation, road congestion, or conditions at other sightseeing areas), the tour will be guided to one of the following alternative destinations. Hakone Venetian Glass Museum, Hakone-en Aquarium, Hakone Ropeway, Hakone Pirate Ship, Narukawa Art Museum, Hakone Checkpoint, Lake Kawaguchi Cruise, Mt. Fuji Panoramic Ropeway, Itchiku Kubota Art Museum, Hakone Shrine, Oshino Shinobi no Sato, etc.
- Arrival time at each location may vary depending on the season and day of the week due to traffic conditions, and may be considerably delayed.
- Transportation may be delayed by traffic congestion. Even if you miss your Shinkansen after disembarking at Odawara Station due to a delay, no refunds will be given. Please ride the next train in the Non-reserved section. If you plan on taking a Shinkansen after the tour ends, please make sure to choose a Shinkansen departing Odawara Station at 19:00 or later.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children up to 5 years old may join free of charge, but will not be provided with bus seats or lunch. If bus seats or lunch is required, please make a booking under the child rate.
- Vegetarian meals are available and must be requested at the time of booking. - Allergy-friendly meals, etc. are not available. Customers with allergies should reserve the tour without lunch included.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
It was a very relaxing trip, very nice weather and beautiful scenery. Mt. Fuji though is a huge disappointment because it was cloudy. The lunch also is a disappointment, they served us soup and few pieces of small fried fish with the usual condiments. I'm not expecting much for the price i paid, but i wasn't expecting that also. Our guide Masa is pleasant and knowledgeable and he really did a lot of effort to entertain the group as much as he can.
We went on this tour in the end of august 2019. The bus ride out to mount Fuji was long but a combination of amazing scenery and a great tour guide made it seem a lot shorter. The guide did not speak perfect English, but he was perfectly understandable and was good a repeating most things so he was sure we all understood. He had a lot of interesting facts about not just Mount Fuji, but Japan in general, so we actually learned a lot of things about Japanese culture on this trip. We could clearly see that he was doing his absolute best to make sure our trip was worth it even though some of the planes needed to be changed underway. He really provided great service overall! The weather prevented us from seeing the volcano fully, but the tour was fun nevertheless. They took us up to the fifth station, but this was cold, rainy, extremely windy, and there was no view since we were in a cloud, so we didn't stay long. The winds that day were so strong, they closed the ropeway we were originally supposed to use, but instead we went somewhere else that was also very beautiful. The boat-ride and the view-point at the top of the ropeway were very beautiful even though the very top of Mount Fuji was covered in clouds. The lunch very different to typical western cuisine, which was a lot of fun! Overall we got exactly what we expected from the tour, even with a few schedule changes, and we got even more than we could have hoped for in our guide!
In spite of the weather (post typhoon) our guide was able to reschedule our boat trip as well as our cable car. We were even able to get a completely clear view of Mt Fuji.
The Viator tour was very well organised with a very understanding and knowledgeable tour guide. The only disappointment was that it was rainy season and view of the mountain were limited. I did get a classic photo of the mountain with clouds on the tip but with grey skies. The trip was long but we did get to see the everyday Japan while on the trip. The guide was so helpful for getting on the right JR train back to hotel. Note, bring something warm for any season as mountain it at higher altitudes. Well worth the day!
Our guide, Mura San, was very knowledgeable about the places we visited especially about Mt. Fuji, the iconic symbol of Japan and its beauty. He even sang a song acapella to our delight. The lunch was delicious at that Ninja restaurant, too. Ohayo Gozaimas, Mura San and Mt. Fuji.
It was fun, me and my wife enjoyed every stop, if you like nature this trip would suit you, over all 5 out of 5
Had a great day at Mt Fuji, a comfortable bus ride from Tokyo and as we started the climb toward the mountain the snow started falling. What a wonderful sight, it snowed all day and the scenery was beautifully white. We went to the tourist centre first where we had a snowball fight, the snow was trickling down, no wind and everyone was having a great time. Then to lunch which was in a beautiful restaurant overlooking a snow covered Japanese garden. Food was fantastic. Then off to a gondola ride up the hill and finished with a lake cruise which was spectacular. A nice comfy bus trip back to Tokyo capped of a brilliant day.
Mt Fuji was at its best. Perfect amount of snow and the trip ensured that the best places to view Mt Fuji were visited. We were lucky the conditions were perfect that day. Highly recommended.
We had a nice sunny clear day the day we toured Mt. Fuji. The lunch meal provided was great! So unique and tasty!! It was a very well organized tour, it was our first time using Viator and I would easily use the again!
We started the bus route and after about 60 minutes we made our first stop at a gift shop/ bathroom. After about 20 minutes we then went to another area of gift shops at the 5th location. Unfortunately it was cloudy so we did not see Mt. Fuji. After being at this gift shop location for 40 minutes, we went to lunch at about 1230. The lunch was inside an amusement park where we had to get our pictures taken for security and ate inside the food place in the amusement park , with gift shops. The hot pot food was decent. After about an hour for lunch we were on our way to Hakone/ Lake Ashi. We arrived at another gift shop and waited for about 20 minutes for the lake boat took us on a 15 minute ride to the cable car and another gift shop. We rode the 7 minute cable car up to another gift shop and top of that mountain. This area was pretty but we were given 15 minutes to explore a shrine and the top of the mountain. Afterward we took the cable car down. This entire trip was mostly gift shops and commuting. We spent maybe an hour of the 9.5 hours actually looking at the sights. The only reason I did not give it 1 star was because our tour guide was friendly and knowledgeable.
i am dissappointed because i was not able to see mt fuji and have cruise at lake ashi but an alternative activity should have been organized
A great trip if you want to take the easy way (no hiking) and enjoy the view from multiple locations!
We cane up and it was snowing, going down to Ashi river the sun was shining and going up to the cable it was windy and cold. Going home it was raining...
Although we could not went to the fifth station, it was a good view of Mt Fuji, also the lake trip was really good even in a very windy day and cold, about lunch it was fair enough for the price and we were lucky because in the way to Tokyo we did not found any delay. Overall experience worth it.
My son and I really enjoyed the Mt. Fuji trip. Our guide spoke decent English and was understandable. She gave us history of Japan that you may not have known. The mountain itself is absolutely awesome. Highly recommend this trip. It also included lunch Japanese style and Lake Ashi. The view from the top of the ropeway at lake Ashi is stunningly beautiful!!
Worth the money! The tour guide was great and we were lucky to see Mt. Fuji
Very well organized; was perfect sunny day; although all locations described itinerary were covered, Mt Fuji, tour highlight, could be seen only while driving. Luckily, made unscheduled stop to enjoy serene view of Fuji-san. Drive up to fourth station and view from tjerevwas disappointing.