Viator VIP: Mt Fuji Private Tour with Sengen Shrine Visit from Tokyo
Upon arrival, sip local tea and listen to your knowledgeable guide explain the history and cultural importance of the Mt Fuji region before driving by private vehicle to Sengen Shrine, located at the foot of the mountain. This spiritual and often-overlooked Shinto home marks the beginning of any traditional pilgrimage to the top of Mt Fuji, especially during the opening of the climbing season or summer fire festivals.
Amid this stunning setting, enjoy some local snacks unique to the area; your guide will ensure you taste the best food available. If you'd like, feel free to make offerings for a safe visit on the mountain (own expense). Then, drive by private car with your guide to Mt Fuji’s 5th Station, located 7,546 feet (2,300 meters) above sea level. Referred to as the border between heaven and Earth, this stop features Japanese torii gates, shrines and stunning views of the mountain (if the weather cooperates).
Enjoy a delicious bowl of houtou — thick wheat noodles with vegetables in a broth — a specialty of the region. Try samples of traditional sweets and taste local sake. Then, head to Lake Kawaguchi, part of a UNESCO World Heritage-listed area around Mt Fuji. Hop on the Kachi Kachi Ropeway, a cable car that climbs 1,312 feet (400 meters) from the lake’s eastern shore to an observation deck where you’ll have panoramic views of Mt Fuji and the lake at sunset!
At the end of the day, you will be transferred back to Tokyo, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Houtou noodle lunch
- Ropeway ride
- Entry/Admission - Hakone Komagatake Ropeway
- Entry/Admission - Lake Kawaguchiko
- Entry/Admission - Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen Jinja Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Fuji Sengen Jinja Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Mt. Fuji 5th Station
- Entry/Admission - Fujisan World Heritage Center(Mt.Fuji World Heritage Center)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 4 passengers per booking is required
- Minimum age is 12 years. Passengers 18 and under must be accompanied by an adult
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Moderate clothing is recommended for entry to temples and shrines; knees and shoulders must be covered
- Access to Mt Fuji's 5th Station may be unavailable depending on weather conditions. Tour will ascend to the highest point allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Excellent tour. Our guide, Silvia, was very knowledgable and our meeting with the priest at the Sengen Shrine was amazing.
The exclusive visit with priests did not go as expected. I was expecting some private moments with a priest. Yet I was only offered to take part in a ceremony. Disappointed, but the overall experience is great.
Very well organized, very good guide. It was a nice and funny tour. We see everything what was possible in the short time. Absolut top and worthy the money.
This tour was one of the highlights of an amazing vacation.Although it is a longish day every moment was special.We felt so well cared for by both our guide and our driver in The Mt Fuji area.The train ride was fun and sometimes scenic during which our amazing guide Sylvia gave us history and information that enhanced the trip greatly.The mountain itself was spectacular and we lucked out with perfect weather.The views were amazing.My only comment is that the promised meeting with the monk was nothing like it was described in the brochure.Minor but worth noting.Although it was disappointing it in no way deterred from an amazing day that our incredible guide Sylvia provided for us.