Private Tour: VIP Tsukiji Sushi Lesson with a Master Chef
The chefs who guide you through the sushi-making process are masters of their craft and trained diligently for many years before they were allowed to even serve customers. Not only will you learn authentic sushi craftsmanship from an expert professional, you will also enjoy the incredibly rare experience of actually stepping behind the sushi counter to make your sushi from the point of view of a real chef.
Follow your chefs through a number of different traditional nigiri sushi, using the freshest of raw fish acquired earlier that day from the famous Tsukiji fish market. Unlike much of the sushi found abroad, this is 'real deal' sushi from a renowned Tokyo restaurant with nearly a century of history behind it. Finish your lesson by choosing one hand roll to make (avocado, tuna or crab), and then move to the table to enjoy your creations, accompanied by miso soup and a couple of sushi pieces made by one of the chefs.
During your meal, the chef and your guide, who acts as a translator, tell you about the history of sushi and secrets of the trade, and can answer any questions you have. In addition to the white chef's coat and hat that are yours to take home, you will receive a fan, a traditional yunomi teacup and a group photo with which to commemorate this memorable experience.
Note: This authentic experience includes the use of raw seafood. You must make note of any food allergies when booking.
- One non-alcoholic drink
- Souvenir chef's paper uniform, fan, teacup and group photo
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup
- One-way subway transport to the restaurant
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please note: This cooking class uses raw seafood
- Please advise of any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- Adult pricing applies to all participants
- Children under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by an adult
- For safety reasons, children between the ages of 5-7 are not allowed behind the sushi counter. Instead, you will be able to enjoy making sushi in front of the counter where there is more space
We were the only ones who had signed up for this class so it was very personal! It was an awesome experience. We made various types of nigiri and hand rolls. We liked that it was at a sushi restaurant, the class takes place before opening and we loved that we got to actually make the sushi, not just watch a chef do it. The best part, we got to eat the sushi we made, as well as the sushi the chef prepared when he demonstrated the technique we were to use. Don't be alarmed by the price, it was well worth the experience.