Ramen cooking experience with Gyoza and other side dishes
Menu: Ramen, Gyoza and a side dish.
What you will learn:
• What Japanese local people cook and eat at their home. (Usually it is not sushi!)
• What is Umami and how to make it.
• Unique ingredients in Japan: Miso, soy sauce and Mirin (sweet sake).
• Seasonal ingredients: How to use them and how to cook Japanese seasonal and fresh dishes.
The class ends at the instructor's home around 1pm.
Discover the secrets of Japanese homemade dishes. Ask any question about essences of Japanese cuisine, and then enjoy delicious dishes with fellow food lovers. The 3-hour regular class includes Ramen, Gyoza and a side dish.
Enjoy an authentic Japanese culinary experience in a small-group cooking class. An instructor invites you to her home. She will share her extensive knowledge about Japanese cuisine.
Have you heard of Umami, the essence of Japanese cuisine, and how to make it from scratch? It’s the first step in any class! If you are the first group to make a reservation, you are free to choose a main dish and the instructor would customize it based on your preferences.
- Small group
- Japanese home-made cooking class with one main dish, two side dishes, and miso soup with rice.
- Learn to make Umami/Dashi (soup stock)
- Apartment visit (instructor's home)
- Use of apron and cooking utensils
- All ingredients and copy of the recipe to take home
- Local taxes
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Transportation to/from meeting points
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Instructors speak fluent English
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements and preference at time of booking
- Maximum is 6 people per booking
- Cancellation policy: If you cancel 1 week - 72 hours prior to the scheduled class, you will receive a 50% refund. No-shows and cancellations made less than 72 hours before the class will not receive a refund
- Children under 9 years old are for free
- Group of only male is not allowed
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
Learning how to prepare and cook ramen and gyoza was one of the most enjoyable activity of our short stay in Japan. After taking the class, one has a very good idea how to prepare ramen noodle soup and gyoza in one's home. A cooking instruction handout is provided at the end of the class. Yuki was our cooking instructor. The class was held in her home. She picked us up from the subway station and walked us to her house There was 5 wonderful people in our class. Yuki had prepared the soup stock for the ramen in advanced but showed us how she went about creating the base for the ramen noodles. The soup stock is the key to making good ramen noodle soup. She also showed us how to prepare the meat and have us prepare the vegetables along with background info on the the types of vegetables used. We also make gyoza. Afterwards, we sat down for lunch and tasted the delicious ramen noodle soup and gyoza that we prepared. The appearance of the dishes looked professionally prepared. With a small class, the setting was intimate, friendly and enjoyable. Yuki answered all our questions. I also want to say that Yuki is very personable, communicate very effectively, and you can tell that she is very interested in cooking and teaching. I highly recommend her cooking class. Thank you Yuki!