Tokyo Asakusa Rickshaw Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Asakusa, Taito Tokyo Prefecture
locations covered during the tour depend on the option selected.
Pass By: Denboin, 2 Chome-3 Asakusa, Taito City, Tokyo 111-0032, Japan
Pass By: Tanuki Street, 1-chōme-15-6 Asakusa, Taito City, Tōkyō-to 111-0032, Japan
cute raccoon street
Pass By: Hanayashiki, 2-28-1 Asakusa, Taito 111-0032 Tokyo Prefecture
old amusement park
Pass By: Asahi Beer Headquarters, 1-23-1 Azumabashi, Azumabashi, Sumida 130-8602 Tokyo Prefecture
iconic asahi beer headquarters
Stop At: Ushijima Shrine, 1-4-5, MukojIma, Sumida Tokyo Prefecture
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Tokyo Skytree, 1-1-2 Oshiage, Sumida 131-0045 Tokyo Prefecture
view of the Tokyo skytree, photo opportunity
Pass By: Nitenmon Gate, 2-chōme-3-1 Asakusa, Taito City, Tōkyō-to 111-0032, Japan
gate to the sensoji temple
Pass By: Asakusa Shrine, 2-3-1, Asakusa, Taito 111-0032 Tokyo Prefecture
Stop At: Honryuin Matsuchiyama Shoden, 7-4-1 Asakusa, Taito 111-0032 Tokyo Prefecture
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Imado Shrine, 1-5-22 Imado, Taito 111-0024 Tokyo Prefecture
shrine with a lot of cat figurines (beckoning cat)
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Asakusa Engei Hall, 1-43-12 Asakusa, Taito 111-0032 Tokyo Prefecture
venue for entertainment
Pass By: Rokku Broadway, 1-43-12 Asakusa, Asakusa, Taito 111-0032 Tokyo Prefecture
retro entertainment street
- Local rickshaw driver
- Rickshaw ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Ushijima Shrine
- Entry/Admission - Honryuin Matsuchiyama Shoden
- Entry/Admission - Imado Shrine
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Adult pricing applies to age 7 and over
- Children aged 6 years and under may ride the rickshaw free of charge, provided that they sit on an adult’s lap
- A maximum of 2 adults per rickshaw. Up to 2 children (6 years or under) can ride with 2 adults (children have to ride on ad adult's lap)
- While rickshaws are able to fit two adults, each rickshaw is 29.1 inches (74 centimeters) wide, and it is sometimes more comfortable to book individual rickshaws for each passenger. For passengers of size, we recommend booking a rickshaw for each participant to ensure a comfortable ride. Passengers who do not both fit in one rickshaw but wish to participate in a tour at the same time will be required to purchase an additional rickshaw, which may not be available on the date of the tour with an English-speaking guide if not booked in advance. Those customers who do not purchase an additional rickshaw at the time of booking cannot be guaranteed availability.
- Wheelchair- and stroller-friendly
- This tour can be customized depending on your interests
- Please specify your preferable departure time at checkout
- Tour will run until 6pm between May and August
- No rickshaw ride is allowed in Sensoji Temple/Asakusa Temple area including the temple buildings, temple grounds, and Nakamise shopping street
- English, Chinese, Korean and Japanese-speaking driver/guide is available, subject to availability. Please specify your preferable language at checkout
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Selected starting time is not automatically guaranteed. The time will be confirmed by email within 24 hours of booking.
- Most travelers can participate
- If a child 6 years will be using one of the two seats of the rickshaw, it must book as an adult.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Tiagra was our guide and he was great! He talked to us the whole time sharing information about Tokyo and asking us a lot of questions! He has a great personality! We had so much fun!
Koyo, Daisuke, and Cookie were all SUPERB guides- professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend for all types: romance, family, or educational.
Mr. Satsuki and Mr. Mocchy are two professional rickshaw drivers. They excel in every detail. From talking to kids, to historical information about the places, from attitude to creativity, all in an interesting and humors atmosphere. This is surely one of my best experience in Japan.
We really liked this tour. Great information about the city was given and we do recommend it
Great way to see Asakusa ! Very friendly guide.
We had a great time touring Asakusa! We did the 2-hour tour so we could get all the sight-seeing in and not feel rushed. We are a family of four so we had two rickshaws. Our guides Taka and Minami were fabulous! They were both knowledgable and eager to share insights at each landmark. This was our first rickshaw tour and we will certainly do it again. Thank you, Taka and Minami, for a great time and adding great photos to our memory book! The Walker Family
Daisuke is very informative, welcoming and an awesome photographer! Very highly recommended!