Tokyo City Private Tour by Subway
Afterward, you will head to the Tokyo Skytree that stretches 634 meters high. This self-standing tower, used for broadcasting, was built in 2012 and you can look around all of Metropolitan Tokyo as well as as far away as Mt Fuji-san when it is clear. Here, you will have the best view of the city as a whole.
Then at Asakusa, you will stroll the streets near the Old Buddhist temple, Sensoji, with the Nakamise street shopping which was established in the 7th century. The Nakamise street is a famous shopping street in Tokyo. Thereafter, you will have the chance to stroll through in the garden of Imperial Palace, the ruins of the Edo Castle built by Ieyasu Tokugawa and where current Emperor resides.
Then you will venture off to Ginza to explore the upscale Ginza flagships of designer brands. Ginza is a famous, upscale shopping area. After seeing the Ginza area, you will be taken back to your hotel in Tokyo at around 3pm.
- Local guide
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - The Tsukiji Market
- Entry/Admission - Asakusa
- Entry/Admission - Tsukiji Jogaii Market
- Entry/Admission - Nakamise Shopping Street (Kaminarimon)
- Transportation to/from attractions(both customer and guide)
- Food and drinks(both customer and guide)
- Entrance fees(both customer and guide)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Tokyo Skytree Observatory may be unavailable because of the weather.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Three couples from Texas spent their first full day in Tokyo on this Viator tour. Upon arrival at our hotel we were given a message from our guide, Yuko, with details regarding our meeting the following morning. She appeared promptly and ushered us off for an exciting day. We were delighted that she handled the purchase of our subway tickets and showed us how to use the system. She also showed a great deal of patience as we fumbled with tickets--and even lost one! Yuko adjusted the schedule a bit, substituting a visit to the Meiji Temple for the Tokyo Skytree. While this was unexpected, we appreciated the chance to walk through the beautiful park and see a temple we'd thought we would have to miss. Yuko also guided us to an excellent restaurant for lunch. All in all, we had a wonderful day with our gracious guide.
We met Toru at our hotel. His English Our Our guide Toru was excellent. He was very warm and friendly. We customized our route. He took us to the Best restaurant in the fish market district. A wonderful day in Tokyo!!!
This tour was amazing!