Unique Private Cooking Class with a Tokyo Local
• Choice 1: Udon in broth with shrimp tempura and a vegetable side - Japanese wheat noodles served in a kakejiru broth and topped with crispy fried shrimp and vegetable tempura, accompanied by a seasonal vegetable side.
• Choice 2: Gyoza, rice, miso soup and seasonal vegetable side - Homemade potstickers filled with meat and vegetables served with rice, miso soup and a seasonal vegetable side.
• Choice 3: Home-style Japanese dish, miso soup, rice and a seasonal vegetable - A home-style main such as ginger pork, chicken karaage or grilled fish.
• Japanese dessert and green tea accompanies all choices
- Private cooking class + meal with your host Emi
- Coffee and/or Tea - Green tea and barley tea
- Alcoholic Beverages - Sake
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum group size is 2
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- If any travelers in your party have any allergies, dietary restrictions or cooking preferences please advise at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required - if you are vegetarian and choose option 3, Emi is happy to accommodate your request but note that the menu for the group may have to change accordingly.
- Private, personalized experience
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We enjoyed our dinner experience with Emi very much. We learned how to cook a traditional Japanese meal and learned many tips and tricks that we will use at home. We also learned about the intriguing concept of umami - the fifth flavour in Japanese cooking. The meal was delicious (oishii). Highly recommended!
Amazing food and delightful instructor! Emi was very kind, funny and a knowledgeable chef! We made two chicken dishes, miso soup, and sesame seed and spinach salad. We had such a fantastic time chatting, laughing and learning from Emi in our private session with her. Definitely recommend!
Loved this experience! Our teacher Emi was so lovely and was great to chat with her about Tokyo also! Food was amazing- will definitely be recreating this at home! 100% recommend, so worth it! Thankyou Emi! Emily and Heather
We would very much recommend this enjoyable cooking experience with Emi. Her school is very easy to find in Shibuya and she is a lovely friendly host with excellent English. We cooked Salmon with Hijiki dried sea weed and Edamame young soya beans, Gomaae Spinach Salad with Sesame Dressing using Komatsuna Japanese mustard spinach plus Miso Soup from scratch. Emi also gave us tea to start, Sake with our meal and some little cakes for after. Everything was extremely tasty, we will definitely be buying some Hijiki at home.
We had a great night cooking with Emi, she explained some traditional Japanese ingredients and techniques we made and ate a delicious meal, and had a great time discussing everything from travel to food to politics. Her English is excellent and the opportunity for some genuine cultural exchange is very much appreciated. Arigato Goziaimasu...say hello to Honda-san for us!
Thank you Emi for the wonderful time by cooking with you. We felt so welcome in your kitchen and enjoyed learning to prepare the perfect Teriyaki Chicken. Your cooking class has inspired us to learn more about Japanese cuisine. We had a lot of fun and recommend your cooking class to everyone when in Tokyo.
The location was only several minutes away from all the Shibuya crossing action. Inside we met up with Emi, she spoke both Japanese and English. Her english is perfect, but fortunately she allowed me to speak in Japanese so I could practice as well. The class ran for about 1 1/2 hours and her explanations as well as the meals were easy to follow and delicious. She was kind enough to send us the recipes through email, and she even allowed me to film during our cooking lesson.