Yanaka Shitamachi Backstreets Cultural Walking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yanaka Ginza Shopping Street, Yanaka, Taito 110-0001 Tokyo Prefecture
Let's explore quiet, nostalgic old neighborhood of Tokyo with our friendly and knowledgeable local guide!!
The town “Yanaka” is one of the few places to survive the Great Kanto Earthquake and the fire bombings in WW2.
We could understand Japanese dairy and normal life!
Your itinerary is as follows.
Start from JR Nippori station and visiting nostalgic street Yanaka Ginza. (local shopping street). At there we could see local shopping area.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yanaka, Nishinippori, Arakawa Tokyo Prefecture
Then we walk through small path and backstreets between local houses. Then move to some sweets store, art galleries and cemetery.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Yanaka Cemetery, 7-5-24 Yanaka, Yanaka, Taito 110-0001 Tokyo Prefecture
At last we see Yanaka cemetery and big buddha at temple. We conclude nice walking at Nippori station.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Professional local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (Please wear walking shoes.)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
Really enjoyed our Yanaka Backstreet walking tour. Out tour guide Yuki was fun, knowledgeable and really knew her stuff. This neighborhood is quite different from other parts of Tokyo with art boutiques and studios, little cute shops, lots of young people and many temples and quietness. Highly recommended!