Lapland Husky Sled Safari from Tromso
After roughly 30 minutes, arrive at the center to the friendly barks of around 120 huskies. Meet the mushers (people who drive or travel with dog sleds) and see the beautiful, blue-eyed dogs, each eager to get out into the snow.
Listen to a safety briefing and instructions on riding your 2-person sled. Put on a supplied thermal suit and choose to sit in your sled or stand on the runners.
On cue, feel the excitement as the huskies take off, falling silent as they sprint across the frozen landscapes of Breivikeidet. Absorb the cold Lapland air and white expanses rushing by and wonder at the strength of the dogs, who will keep up their pace without tiring.
After around 1.5 hours, arrive back at the husky center and relax in a firelit lavvo tent. Enjoy a hot drink and cake before you travel back by coach to Tromsø, where your trip finishes with a hotel drop-off.
- Local guide
- Safety briefing
- Use of thermal suit
- Hot drink and cake
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise if you require this at time of booking, using the special requirements field
- All animals used for these services are trained as much as possible for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
- Sleds are shared; two participants to a sled
- Not recommended for children under 6
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Self Mushing (no guide on your sled)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 27 travelers
This is an amazing hands on dog sledding adventure where you really get to feel the true feeling of Norway.
Very Professional extremely good fun Thank you Brendon and Glen
thanks viator, I had a great experience booking two activities with you for the first time. Lapland is amazing and this activity is a must do in Tromso. Thoroughly enjoyed it. make sure you wear proper clothing or put more layers when you are there as they give you clothing for free cause it gets to -28.
This tour was AMAZING!!! We had so much fun and I was able to 'drive' the sled as well! The dogs were super friendly and my guide Hanne, was great! My mom was nervous so she just remained seated as a passenger, with another guide, while I took another sled to be able to exchange 'roles' mid-way with Hanne. I definitely recommend this tour if you go to Tromso!
A not to be missed trip, so much fun and spectacular scenery.
The dogs was soooooooooooooo nice and friendly. Driving sled with them was so fun. Great experience you shoud have! Never to miss this trip!
It was really fun!