Lapland Lyngen Alps Snowmobile Safari from Tromso
On arrival, head for the snowmobile station and get a safety briefing and instructions on riding your 2-person snowmobile. Don a supplied thermal suit and helmet and then, once you’re ready, head out behind your guide into the snowy wilderness.
Start along an easy trail to build your confidence, and every now and then, stop to take photos of your snowmobile convoy or the epic surrounding scenery. Feel free, during stops, to take turns driving or riding your snowmobile. If you’ve chosen the evening safari, enjoy the added thrill of zooming through the darkness, with only your headlights and maybe the moon to light the way.
Before long, the trail will become more challenging. Feel your adrenaline race as you zip across icy tundra, bump over hills and navigate rugged fells and hills. It’s a truly exhilarating experience made even better by the raw and remote setting.
Finish at a cozy bar and thaw out with some delicious fish soup and crusty bread, a favorite Sami meal, along with tea, coffee or water.
Later, return by ferry and coach to Tromsø, where your experience concludes at the safari center.
- Local guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Ferry ride
- Use of thermal suit and helmet
- Safety briefing
- Hot soup served with bread and tea, coffee or water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: The price shown is per person based on two customers sharing a snowmobile.
- You must be in possession of a car or motorcycle driving license to drive a snowmobile
- Vegetarian and non-fish options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Prices are based on two people sharing a snowmobile
- Children are only allowed to participate as passengers on board a snowmobile
- Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Touristic, no explanation about the places we were passing. the fish soup was pretty good. not enough time riding
Nice trip. With bus and boat to the snowmobiles. Nice people. Learned how to drive the snowmobile. Good safety rules. Nice trip on snowmobile.
Amazing scenery, guides and experience! Definitely worth doing it!
This snowmobile safari was the best thing so far I could do! D It was far more than I expected! The family who runs the business is such lovely and attentive - can't say thanks enough for this! Despite the snowmobile adventure, which is AWESOME, had the best hot chocolate and soup ever hahah highly recommend this. Counting the days to do it again! Thanks a mil guys! :
Fantastic excursion with a relaxed and friendly atmosphere throughout.