Small-Group Arctic Landscapes Sightseeing Tour from Tromso in Winter
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Wandering Owl, Strandvegen 41B, Tromso 9012 Norway
Depart Tromsø city centre and travel to Kvaløya. Here you will see beautiful fjords, valleys & islands. Stop to take photos, see sights and for a home made lunch.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Vegetarian and Vegan and gluten free options available. Please specify in your booking if this applies to you
- Souvenir photos (websize resolution sent by email after the tour and highest resolution available for purchase)
- Pick up in front of the Scandic Ishavhotel: Fredrik Langes gate 2, 9008 Troms
- Drop-off in the city center
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop off
- Thermal suits and boots unless specially requested. Availability is not guaranteed as they are needed for other tours. We do not know until the day as to whether they are available or not.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that the following information is important for us to assure the best service.
- We encourage you to provide us with your email address to be able to send you the pictures after the tour
- When exceptional situations arise (e.g. weather cancellations) it is important to reach you. This is easiest if you provide your best contact number on the road (phone number + correct country code)
- The place where you will be staying at (Hotel, Air BnB or other) in case we need to contact you
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking as well as medical condition if needed
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Make sure you wear appropriate winter clothes and shoes.
- A small amount of walking is involved, you must be able to walk 200m or be prepared to wait in the vehicle.
- Activity is in English
- Please be prepared for limited toilet facilities, there will be a gas station stop during the drive, however the tour itself is in the wild Arctic nature where the only toilet possibilities are in the forest (there are no pre-built facilities)
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if less than 2 passengers per tours. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
We didn't know what to expect from this tour but it was really amazing. We were taken to some truly beautiful places where we took some postcard worthy pictures. Seeing wildlife along the way was cool. We saw a white tail eagal, a golden eagle and reindeer grazing at the side of the road. Our guides were great giving information about each area we visited. I would highly recommend this tour.
This was our second trip with Wandering Owl and absolutely worth the money you pay. Guide was super friendly and he took some amazing photos of ours. Best part was you can request the guide to stop anywhere you want and he will find a safe place to park his vehicle and give you time to explore the area.
Just eight of us in a van. The guide brought us to Sommaroy Island and several fjords. Sandwich lunch and hot chocolate were provided in a picnic style. There were several stops for photo taking of the beautiful fjords. Met several wild arctic animals on land and sea. The guide was knowledgeable and friendly. We were also invited for Sauna on the frozen lake. Good value tour by Wondering Owl!
This tour was amazing!
A friendly guide, great food and stunning scenery. We we very licky with the weather which is a gamble. Definately worth using this tour when in Tromso. One of the beet tours I have ever done.
Pick up right on time, travelling in the van with others, total a group of 9. Nice view on this landscape sightseeing. Pedro our tour guide made few stops for photograph, sandwich and drink are good. Pedro took and already sent nice pictures of us. General information about history, geography, etc. briefed by Pedro is sufficient. But more info would make this trip excellent.
Weather was pretty bad, rain and howling winds at one time but Tom our guide managed to take us to some stunningly beautiful locations on this trip, the only thing which could be better is longer, but you have to take into account the light and conditions in an Artic area. Tom, was great and the food was well received hot choc and cookies and massive sandwiches...... I would recommend and would do again as the landscape will change with the weather well done Wandering Owl, I would just add that the trip was oversubscribed and I would not have liked to be the ones left behind, such a shame...