Small-Group Aurora Hunt Northern Lights Tour from Tromso
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tromso, Tromsø, Norway
Each night we hunt for the Aurora and go to many different destinations, we have hundreds of areas to choose from and we will go to wherever is safest and most likely for guests to see the Northern Lights
Duration: 8 hours
Pass By: Wandering Owl, Strandvegen 41B, Tromso 9012 Norway
After Chasing the lights we return you to your hotel on Tromso island.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Vegetarian/Vegan option available, please specify in your booking if this applies to you.
- Souvenir photos (websize resolution sent by email after the tour and highest resolution available for purchase)
- Pick up at the front of the Scandic Ishavhotel, Fredrik Langes gate 2, 9008 Troms
- Hotel drop-off on Tromsø island only
- Thermal suits, boots hats and mittens. Please provide us with European shoe sizes (36-48) and thermal suit size (Unisex XS-XXL) in your booking notes
- The activity will be in English
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We encourage you to provide us with your email address to be able to send you the web size pictures after the tour
- When exceptional situations arise (e.g. environmental cancellations) it is important to reach you. This is easiest if you provide your contact number on the road (phone number + correct country code) & keep this with you on the day of the tour.
- The place where you will be staying at (Hotel, Air BnB or other). We only drop off on Tromsøya only.
- Winter equipment is included, please give us your clothing and shoe sizes
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking as well as medical condition if needed
- Please bring your passport with you in case you need to cross to Finland during the tour
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. Make sure you wear a warm base layer, winter clothes including warm shoes, a hat, mittens, a scarf and woolen socks.
- A small amount of walking is involved, you must be able to walk 200m
- Activity is in English
- Please be prepared for limited toilet facilities, there will be a gas station stop during the drive, however the camp itself is in the wild Arctic nature where the only toilet possibilities are in the forest (there are no pre-built facilities).
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if less than 2 passengers per tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
We chose to visit Tromsø during our vacation because we heard (from reviews and friends) that it was the best place to try and see the Northern Lights. I found Wandering Owl after a lot of research and after booking realized that it was the same company my friend used previously (and loved)! Our adventure with Wandering Owl was an absolute highlight of our entire vacation. Karolis, our guide, was a joy. He picked us and six others up from Tromsø city center and drove us to a frozen lake just over an hour away. During the drive he shared a lot of information about the area, his experience in Norway, and his expertise in biology. When we made it to the spot, he fashioned a bench out of snow with a shovel and built a fire. Although the sky was covered in clouds and it snowed on and off, he kept the group engaged. The entire evening was extremely well planned. Dinner soups were served in individual thermoses. I requested the lentil soup (vegetarian, dairy free, and gluten free) and was really impressed with it. With my dietary restrictions, I typically bring my own snacks for events because it’s difficult for others to accommodate. Karolis and Wandering Owl were one of a kind - not only did Karolis have a separately wrapped pouch with gluten free bread just for me, he also had homemade gluten free and vegan cookies for me for dessert, and the hot chocolate at the end of the night was made of rice milk! Later in the night, Karolis took photos of everyone in the group, which he emailed out the next day. When it looked like we would be heading back to Tromsø without seeing the lights, there was a brief break in the clouds. We all stood quietly in the snow and could see the dimmest of aurora borealis. The entire experience was fantastic and we will absolutely do it again when we return to Tromsø.
We had an amazing guide who is fun, knows what he is doing and is experienced in where to look out for the Northern Lights. The food and drinks provided was lovely and we appreciate that alot. However, we have yet to receive the photos from the guide as promised. It has been more than a week and we would love to see those photos of us. Please get back to me soon. Thanks!!
Tour company is excellent. Provided winter suits, boots and headlamps were perfect.Soup, bread were good.14 people on our tour.Guide , Bart, and driver was excellent
Last minute booking. Very impressive adventure. Make sure to let them know your size and meal preference.
The northern lights hunt tour with wandering owl group was excellent! The conditions the night we went out didn't look promising however our guide, Jeff was optimistic and extremely knowledgeable. He ended up driving us into Finland where we set up our camp site and fire and got to enjoy the amazingness of the lights with delicious soup, hot chocolate and cookies.
Had a great night with the campfire, soup and hot drink. I wish i had known beforehand that the human eye doesn't really see those bright colours and instead the camera picks that up. Otherwise still a great tour. Research the lights before hand and know what to expect realistically is my tip