Coba Ruins and Punta Laguna Monkey Reserve Day Tour from Tulum
A local expert guide will welcome and explain the importance of the city in the Mayan times. After the explanation, you will take bicycles to ride to the big pyramid (tricycles with a driver are provided for seniors and people with disabilities). You will have some time to climb the pyramid and then will you will be driven for 25 minutes to the Mayan village of Punta Laguna.
There, you will see a real Mayan priest performing a purification ceremony. You will walk through a reserve until you reach a beautiful lagoon. From there, you will jump on a kayak and and cross to the other side of the lagoon to start your zipline adventure. You will fly above the water followed by a rappel into a sacred cenote where you will be able to swim and refresh yourself.
On the way back to Tulum, you will have some time to purchase some Mayan souvenirs.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Zona Arqueologica de Coba
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This is a must do if you are physically active and love hours full of adventure. Jorge made me and my daughter feel as though we were family visiting Tulum as he shared this local beauty with us. I would actually do this exact tour again. The biking, climbing, Mayan priest blessing, canoeing, howling monkeys, ziplining over the lagoon and finally being lowered into the cenote to refresh before stopping for a delicious lunch left us smiling the rest of the stay. Thank you Jorge!!!