Sian Ka'an Adventure from Tulum
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Sian Ka'an Mexico
After passing the entrance to the Sian Ka' an Biosphere, the guide will give an introductory tour on the biosphere. After driving for another 30 to 40 minutes on an unpaved bumpy road you will board a boat in order to explore the coastal lagunes and marine ecosystems that characterize Sian Ka'an, and the discover the fauna and flora that lies within it
Duration: 9 hours
Pass By: Boca Paila, Playa del Carmen 77724 Mexico
See the place where lagune meets the sea. This canal was once the part of a Maya comercial route. Today is remains and Area of enormous ecological importance for species that can come in and out of the lagune.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (revise confirmation email for pick up time)
- Local guide
- Boat with snorkeling equipment
- Fruits, water and snacks
- Entry/Admission - Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve
- Extra Transportation Fees (North of Tulum)
- 10USD per person extra for pick-ups between Bahía Puerto Principe and Puerto Aventuras. +$20USD per person extra for pick-ups between Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen Colosio Street. +$30USD per person extra for pick-ups between Colosio Street (North of Playa) del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Paraiso.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Don't Forget to Bring:
- Bathing Suit.
- Comfortable Shoes.
- Extra T-Shirt.
- Sun glasses.
- Cash (Most of the local vendors only accept cash).
- Only if necessary: Bio degradable Sun Screen & Bio Degradable Mosquito Repellent.
- A maximum of 6 people per booking.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Snorkeling is subject to weather conditions.
- Minimum age is 5 years.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
Our guides, Karin and Omar, were beyond our hopes and expectations. They took care of every detail and always had our interests as a top priority. They are passionate about conservation and protecting wildlife. We were lucky that we had wonderful weather that made the boating tour especially great. We saw a crocodile, stingrays, playful dolphins, sea turtles and manatees. We cruised past a tree filled with frigates with their red ballooned throats. While snorkeling we saw more sea turtles coral and colorful fish. We stopped in crystal clear turquoise water (the photo above) for some swimming before heading for a delicious, fresh, grilled lunch at nearby Punta Allen. It was a fabulous day if you're the adventurous type.
A tremendously cool experience with our wonderful guide Santi. His passion for the beauty of this place was infectious, educational and amazing. We learned about the fragility of the frigate bird, whose wings can not repel water, so has to stay above its surface. And then we found a female half submerged and dying. Santi and the captain of the boat rescued the bird from the water and we left her on a safer dry spot where she seemed to recover! that was only a few minutes of a day filled with dolphins, crocodiles, manatees, tortugas. amazing tour if you love the beauty of nature and want to enjoy it up close and low impact. Thanks Santi! see you next time
Absolutely fabulous day. We were collected from our hotel at 7:30 am and driven by mini bus to Sian Ka'an, collecting other people en route. Here we were split into 2 groups of 6 and boarded our boat to tour both the mangroves and the sea. We saw manatees, dolphins, sea turtles but no crocodiles on our trip, plus loads of birds the frigates were amazing and we also saw osprey, pelicans, cormorant, heron, egret and one lone flamingo whose migration had gone wrong. We had never snorkelled before and the experience was amazing. The coral and tropical fish were beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed this part of the trip we had plenty of time in the water and were not under any time pressure throughout the whole day. The tour finished with a late lunch at a restaurant in Punta Allen hot buffet which included chicken, fish, rice, bread and pasta. Arrived back at hotel at 5:30 - tired, but very happy. Top tips: wear swimsuits under clothes rather than trying to change when you get there, re-apply sunscreen a lot we did get a bit burnt despite our best efforts, towels are a bit pointless as you dry off quickly on the boat so they are just another thing to carry, shoes and other possessions will get wet, no need to take water as guide provides a bottle each. All in all, a real highlight of our holiday.