El Chiflon Waterfalls and Montebello Lakes Day Trip from Tuxtla Gutiérrez
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parque Nacional Lagunas de Montebello, Comitan Mexico
You'll visit 4 to 6 lakes and admire their crystalline waters ranging from pale blue to violet, emerald and turquoise. These lakes' famous shades of color are unique due to several factors including the type of soil found at the bottom, vegetation and light. Enjoy views of the reed valley, mountains and tropical jungle with rich flora including orchids, bromeliads, juniper trees, cedar, mahogany and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cascada El Chiflon, A 20 km de Comitan Ejido San Cristobalito Municipio De Tzimol Chiapas, Mexivco, Comitan 30110 Mexico
Admire the series of waterfalls and even reach the highest part of the mountain to enjoy the breeze from the Bridal Veil waterfall which has an impressive drop of over 300 feet.
Duration: 2 hours
- National Park fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Parque Nacional Lagunas de Montebello
- Entry/Admission - Cascada El Chiflon
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The time to the first place of visit is about 3 hours from San Cristóbal
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or partial refund.
- The company is not responsible for forgotten items left in cars or units.
Both locations are beautiful, family friendly. There are many activities for all ages. My only suggestion is to offer a trip for each location-for those that have an extended stay in Chiapas. This trip is long. Not enough time in each location. If your time is short then it's worth the long day!