Hiking And Trekking to the Bogd Khan Mountain
• Start hiking to the Tsetsee Gun Holy Peak (2256 meters) on Sacred Bogd Khan Mountain in its strictly protected area. You will find yourself surrounded by natural beauty and out of view of the city and civilization. Have a picnic lunch on the way. (Lunch) Locals love to go to this place for hiking, picnic, hang out. Enjoy the splendid view of Ulaanbaatar and the surrounding areas from the top of Bogd Khan Mountain. You will love the surrounding nature and beautiful landscapes.
• Hike down the mountain.
• In the evening head back to Ulaanbaatar city and transfer to your hotel/ accommodations.
- Lunch - Lunch to go (potluck) will be served
- Entry/Admission - Bogd Khan Uul National Park
- Personal equipments
- Optional activity cost
- Travel Insurance
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All tours & transfers are all based in English Speaking local guides.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
We'd already done everything we wanted to do in the city. English speaking guide Zaya was punctual, courteous, knowledgeable, experienced, and hiked at a pace appropriate to our abilities. We took public transit then walked 30 min through the neighborhood before starting our 1.5hrs hike to the summit. Lots of time to explore the views up top. Summer flowers and butterflies abounded - a truly delightful forest walk that exceeded expectations. Lunch was after we descended, around 2pm, then followed Zaisan Hill sightseeing on foot and back to hotel by 5pm, though Zaya was game to show us more if we wanted. We ended up hiring her a day trip to Khustain the next day. To consider: bring water as we ran out on a 30C sunny day, a picnic lunch on the mountain might have been nice instead of lunch in the city, bus was a good local experience but car pickup and dropoff from hotel could be offered if you think the hike might be enough activity on its own. We received booking confirmation from Viator but no confirmation from the tour company - this was not a problem. Overall a positive experience. Thank you!