Day Trip to Uyuni Salt Flats
Soon after the crew takes you to the small village of Colchani, where you could expect many handicraft shops for souvenirs, and also the salt factory, where the salt is being refined and packed for consumption. The lunch takes places in a Salt hotel with plenty of option for any taste.
Once the drivers packed all the dishes etc, you'll head toward the majestic Salar de Uyuni, (being the same size as the Bahamas) and start the real journey into the biggest salt flat on earth. Your first stop will be next to the only construction allowed in the Salar, which is called Playa Blanca, the first salt hotel build in the salt flat, plus you'll also find there the Flags and Dakar Race monument.
Next on, is a 30-min drive toward the middle of nowhere into a special location to take the best pictures of yourself and your friend, helped of course, by your experienced guide that tell you how to do everything perfectly.
Once we finish the “photo shooting session”, we'll go to the central point of the Bolivian White desert, which is the Inca Wasy Island (Cactus Island) where will be able to see giant cacti and rock formations of petrified Coral that will make you feel on another planet for sure. A small hike of 40 min will be realized on this very island all the way up the top, reaching the highest point of view in the trip with 3750 m.a.s.l (12,303.14 feet) where a 360* view of the hole Salt Flat awaits for you.
After finishing your little, but amazing hike, it will already be time for the breathtaking sunset to come (that usually takes place around 6:00pm) and your driver will choose to the best location for it. At the end of our tour we'll return back to Uyuni at approx 6:30-7:00 pm.
So don't miss out on this amazing opportunity and get your reservation now !
- Professional guide
- All activities
- Wine tasting
- Hotel drop-off
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees to the park (30bs per person)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- CHECK IN IS AT 10:00 AM
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- It is important to understand that the Isla Inca Wasi is NOT available in the rainy season (January until March) unless specified by our company
- One guide is divided between two cars ( 1 Guide for 12 people max )
- All cars in the company are equiped with Radios to comunicate between eachother
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
Great day trip which involves a 4WD transport to the Salt Flats. Tour guide was great and very knowledgeable. The lunch was nice too. We had plenty of time at the salt flats and never felt rushed throughout the tour. Highly recommended!
With something like over 80 tour operators in town, Red Planet is among the best. Jaime, our guide, knew every nook and cranny of the salt flats, the desert and the surrounding area. He knew about where to go and why and was so VERY helpful with the trick photo shoots. A maestro to be sure. We visited at the end of April, which was the start of the dry season although we did get some mirror effect. Feb and Mar are supposed to be the best times of the year for that. The history of the entire region going back 40,000 years really cool also. Sadly, pictures just cant capture all of the 'look and feel' of being there. Fun, fun, fun and already talking about getting some friends together to go back.