Half-Day Malta Highlights
These are a few of the sites you might want to consider:
• Pick up times for a half day tour are 8.30/9.00am or 1.30/2.00pm.
• Discover the stunning World UNESCO Heritage Site, Valletta, Malta’s capital city that was home to the Knights of St John.
• Take in the sights, sounds and smells of Marsaxlokk, the charming traditional fishing village in the south of the island.
• Enjoy a scenic 25-minute boat ride along the sea caves at Blue Grotto.
• If you thought Stonehenge or the Pyramids were the only super-old man-made constructions in the world, wait until you check out the ancient temples at Hagar Qim - even Indiana Jones would be impressed by this historic site!
• Why not opt for a quick walk along Dingli Cliffs, one of the highest points of the island, with gorgeous views of the deep blue Mediterranean Sea.
• Enjoy a guided tour through the medieval streets of Mdina, the Silent City, with breath-taking views of Malta and where you can appreciate the country’s tiny size.
• If you love films we can take you to Golden Bay, the location of the blockbuster film ‘Troy’ or even to watch the animators bring the location of the ‘Popeye’ film, starring the late Robin Williams, back to life!
• If you’re into art and churches with beautiful architecture, the Mosta Dome is also worth visiting.
The choice, quite simply, is yours to make.
This tour is approximately four hours long.
Entrance fees to attractions, lunch and any souvenirs you wish to purchase are not included.
This tour requires moderate walking, but it is wheelchair friendly.
- Private tour.
- Professional guide.
- Hotel or port pick up and drop off.
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle.
- Entrance fees.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be sent within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- Half day trips are approximately 4 hours long from pick up to drop off.
- Please note this tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible. Please advise us when you book of any special requirements.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant seats are available on request (please advise us when you place your booking).
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the same time as placing your booking: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- We operate this tour in all weather conditions.
- Please remember to wear comfortable and weather-appropriate clothing.
- If you have any special requests, please let us know at the time of your booking.
- This tour is flexible. Let us know how you’d best like to plan your experience with us and we’ll work something out suited just for you and your group.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Our guide, Miriam, was knowledgeable and very personable. We had a wonderful day as she took us to the blue grotto, Marsaxlokk fishing village and the walled city of Mdina (the first 'King's Landing'. We ended the tour in the town of Valetta. We couldn't have asked for a better day, or guide!
Yep the title is a little over the top I agree. We loved our half day tour with Nick as our guide and Clint as our efficient driver. Malta was jaw dropping scenery from our first approach on our cruise ship. Nick was personable, knowledgeable and tailored our morning to our tastes. We felt as if we were traveling with friends who just happened to live in Malta. All the recommendations (including lunch) were spot on for us. I love personal histories, family experiences and may be a bit nosy to ask about the guides families lives as we travel. Nick helped us understand today's Malta, the WWII hardships that have shaped the island as well as what the future holds. I felt so honored to hear the memories of Nick's family on Malta. We were met on time, chauffeured in a spotless car, helped to see the obvious sites as well as the hidden gems. Thank you for arranging what may be our favorite day out EVER on a tour.
Family of four had a great time visiting Malta and adjacent cities, a market, seaside and the stunning Blue Grotto with private guide (the owner of the tour company) in a comfortable SUV. Sorry to our best of the best tour guide, I forgot your name. You really loved this city. You showed us great view points to take beautiful pictures of the cities. Always beat the big bus to important tour attractions, such as the Blue Grotto, so we need not wait in long lines. Even bought us the most delicious fresh made snack at place that no tourist can find. We felt that we were not in 'tourist trap'. Thank you!