Victoria Whale Watching Tour by Zodiac
In contrast to the smoother ride of a large motor yacht, a Zodiac boat travels fast and puts you nearer to the water, providing you with an adventure style ride and maybe getting you a bit wet. But that’s all part of the fun!
Sit back and hold on tight as your skipper zooms across the Strait of Juan de Fuca or Haro Strait ... the bodies of water that separate Vancouver Island from the United States. Watch for whales like humpbacks, orcas, minke whales and gray whales, as well as other marine mammals like sea lions, elephant seals and harbour seals. And, look up once in a while to spot bald eagles soaring through the sky and sea birds scanning the water to find food.
During the ride, your naturalist guide provides expert commentary about the ecosystem of the Pacific Ocean while you learn about the behaviour and biology of the whales and other sea life. Your tour ends with a return to the same dock you departed from.
- Professional guide provides insight into wildlife and natural history
- Transport Canada approved 1 piece floatation suits (not waterproof) available in various sizes and worn over street clothing
- 3 hour guided tour with multiple interesting stops
- Gratuity (optional)
- 3 Wildlife Conservation Fee plus GST
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour must be booked at least 48 hours in advance of your travel date
- If your tour is within 48 hours, please contact SpringTide (number located in voucher) to confirm your seat
- Tours are subject to weather conditions and passenger demand
- Zodiac boats are not recommended for expectant mothers
- Zodiac boats are not recommended for those with health concerns esp. in neck, back, hip or knee areas
- Zodiac boats are not recommended for persons in frail health or who have limited mobility
- Zodiac boats are not recommended for children under 7 years of age and/or under 4.5' or 130 cm in height
- Zodiac passenger under age 19 MUST be accompanied by a Parent or Legal Guardian who will sign a Waiver on their behalf
- Should any of the points above necessitate a cancellation within 24 hours of departure, a refund will not be provided
- SpringTide's Motor Yacht is family friendly and accessible to all ages and abilities (however, not wheelchair accessible)
Even though we had fog we were able to find breaks in the fog and see many sea animals and of course whales. The tour guide was great and letting us know what was going on as we progressed through the tour.
Amazing trip got up close to the whales had a great day for it would highly recommend :D
A very well organised, small and most importantly successful whale watching tour. One suggestion if you are short sit along the edges or a tall person could block your view.
Got to see orca pods which was class. The captain was interesting and fun. Very knowledgeable and fair tour length. Possibly only small negative is they should ask for a donation at the end of you wish too. Not in front of everyone before you get your boarding passes or welcoming you
Fantastic! Fabulous! Best tour EVER. Not for the faint-hearted, but if you are adventurous and not prone to motion sickness, DO THIS.