3-hours private tour of Murano island
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Isola di Murano, Isola Di Murano Piazzale Roma o Fondamenta Nuove, 30141 Murano Italy
Travel to Murano by private boat with your tour guide and explore the island, worldwide famous for its glass making since the 10th century.
A great experience where you will learn the manufacture and glassblowing art. In front of you a glass craftsman master will create a unique item while he is showing the ancient technique phases of the production. You can feel the warmth, the smells and the sounds of the furnace and you will see the clever hands of the artisan mold the glass in front of your eyes and then, like magic, it will be transformed into a unique object, thanks to the work of a millennial artisan culture that has been handed down from one generation to another. The glassblowing art is recognized in all the world as a synonym of beauty. This art of molding the glass in all these shapes, was one of the best safeguarded secrets in the Venetian Republic.
After the glass-making demonstration you will enjoy a island walking tour: the guide will narrate secrets and myths of Murano. You'll visit also the wonderful Church of San Donato, a masterpiece of the Venetian architecture symbol of the island.
Exclusive experience to learn this incredible artisan art of the venetian laggon.
Duration: 2 hours
- Guided Tour (3 hours) with commentary including watertaxi to Murano and back to Venice
- Glass demostration
- Hotel pick up if it is located in San Marco area
- Guided Murano walking tour
- Food or drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- Mobile vouchers are accepted
- Visit San Donato’s, the splendid Church of the Island, in the afternoon.
- San Donato’s visit are available from Monday to Saturday (9am–12pm and 3:30pm–7pm) Sunday (3:30pm – 7pm).
- Hotel pickup must be situated in Saint Mark or Rialto area. Please communicate the address and hotel name during reservation checkout and 24-hours before the tour. Otherwise, the meeting point will be at the Venice Tours office in "San Marco 1130," which is 1 minute from Saint Mark's Square."
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
We had a tour in Venice, but the whole thing was a bit confusing. We were old to meet at a hotel and when we went in to ask about the tour, a very unfriendly hotel clerk blew us off. We finally found a small kiosk outside of the hotel and get a tour. While the tour was good, it was not the tour I thought for which we had signed up. I think there was a couple of wires crossed... We are not giving up on Viator - we will give it another try in Rome and on out cruise. Stay tuned!
This tour was fantastic. Our guide Gabriella was tremendous. Based on our experience we will book other tours in other cities.