Doge's Palace Guided Visit and Secret Venice Walking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
immerse yourself in the magic that the normal everyday life of Venice offers
Stop At: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 31024 Venice Italy
The enclosed bridge is made of white limestone, has windows with stone bars, passes over the Rio di Palazzo, and connects the New Prison (Prigioni Nuove) to the interrogation rooms in the Doge's Palace.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
enter the ancient atmosphere of the Venice Palazzo Ducale, a symbol of power and splendor of the Republic of Venice and cross the famous Venetian Bridge of Sighs
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Palazzo Contarini dal Zaffo, Fondamenta Gasparo Contarini Cannaregio 3539, 30121 Venice Italy
Palazzo Contarini with Bovolo spiral Staircase is a secret and precious gem in Venice
Pass By: Scala Contarini del Bovolo, San Marco, 4303, 30124 Venice Italy
the external spiral staircase (bovolo in Venetian) of the historic Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo that links the different floors of the building through overlapping loggias
Stop At: Mercati di Rialto, Campo della Pescaria Vicino il Ponte di Rialto, 30125 Venice Italy
one of the oldest and most characteristic of Venice
Duration: 15 hours
Pass By: Teatro La Fenice, Campo San Fantin San Marco 1965, 30124 Venice Italy
the most important opera house in Venice, destroyed and rebuilt several times
- Guided tour
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
- At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
Great tour. Very informative. Our highlight was the walking tour through Venice.
The Doge's Palace and walking tour was my favorite tour in Venice. Our guide was a true Venician who knew her cities history. So, during the tour of the palace she always added interesting details of real life Venice during the 15th century. We were all engaged during the tours. It wasn't boring!
This is always a must on any tour when in Venice. It is especially important to understand the inner working of the political system to understand Venice and this tour is one of the best ways to learn. Of course, traveling over the Bridge of Sighs and imagining what it must have been like for a prisoner to get his last glimpse of freedom and Venice is the highlight of the tour.
I chose this tour because I wanted to make sure I saw the inside of the Bridge of Sighs, and we did. The Secret Venice walking tour was fun, but I can't say we saw anything Secret.