Inside Venice: Skip the line Doge's Palace & St Mark's Basilica Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Our guide will accompany you to the Doge’s Palace, which dominates Saint Mark's Square, the heart of Venice, standing out for its size and its extraordinary structure, where Byzantine, European and Oriental architecture collide. Immediately entering the Palace you will pass through the great courtyard and admire the wealth of detail on the famous Golden Staircase.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
Once inside the Palace, you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his Council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic, whilst surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire the paintings realised by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, amongst them, the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ponte dei Sospiri, Piazza San Marco, 1, 31024 Venice Italy
Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. The bridge was given its name by the English poet Lord Byron, probably referring to the last breath of the prisoners, who had their last view of the lagoon and of Venice from the window of this bridge, before they were to be imprisoned.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
During the second part of the tour you will visit the Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, and the only one of its kind in Italy, thanks to the sumptous golden mosaics and impressive marble inlay flooring.
During the tour you will be able to sit down in the church and absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with history and particularities of this ancient Basilica.
The tour includes the visit of the famous Pala d'Oro, an altarpiece made of gold and silver and an exquisite example of Byzantine art with a myriad of gems and precious stones.
This 2 hour combined tour concludes outside the Basilica, in Saint Mark's Square.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Museo Correr, Piazza San Marco San Marco 52, 30124 Venice Italy
At the end of the tour, keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit on your own: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's square, opposite side of the Saint Mark's Basilica.
Duration: 1 hour
- Local guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fees
- Multilingual tour provided in: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Entry/Admission - Ponte dei Sospiri
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Museo Correr
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Pick up & Drop off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Back packs are not allowed inside the Basilica and the Doges Palace
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- In case of high tide, the tour will not be able to enter inside the Basilica (the tour will not be cancelled, the guide will describe the inside of the Basilica to you from the outside)
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
Friendly and informative guide. Tour ran on time and was enjoyable
Worst tour we have ever had, and we travel a lot. When we got to the area, we searched in vain for the designated meeting spot. We had to ask many, many tour guides before finding out what to do. We could have dealt with that. Our tour guide was the main problem. Our group was large maybe 50 people. The guide seemed to only be concerned with the few people around him. Twenty or thirty of us had to run to keep up this was during the WHOLE TOUR. We could not hear half of the information because the audio did not work unless you were right by the guide. Many of us complained several times, but no changes were made. We could not enjoy what little we saw or even take photos as we ran through room after room to keep up. We paid a fair amount of money for nothing. We have used Viator in the past, but never again!
What an amazing place. The tour team located under the clock in St. Mark's Square was just two people passing things out, so make sure you are early for your tour time. We had a great guide, but the people we were with that ended up in another group left early due to their guide.
I have had the pleasure of visiting Venice many Times, and it never let's you down. It is simply magical and never ages, The Doves Palace is spectacular, as is the Basilica. Make sure that you pre book to avoid the long ques, and when booking with Viator it is easy and good value for money.