Ducal Venice: Morning Walking Tour with Doge's Palace
Walking Tour of Venice
Have a walk (no entrances) through the most characteristic and important places for the history of Venice. A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the millennium of life of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm of this unique city. Treat yourself to an essential and multillingual tour for the understanding of Venice.
- Piazza San Marco - Origins, history and description of the main monuments: Basilica San Marco, Palazzo Ducale, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
- Santa Maria Formosa - History and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square.
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune.
- Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre - Anecdotes and past and recent history cross each other in this beautiful corner of Venice.
- Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, vital connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
The Doge's Palace tour
The Palazzo Ducale represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In his splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic. You’ll live it together with a guide that will show you the halls of power, plunging you in a very particular historical context: the European Middle Ages and the immediately following centuries. You’ll be surprised of the rich details of the gold staircase, of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova. An unforgettable tour not to be missed!