Venice Gondola Ride and Golden Basilica Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Gondola Bauer, Calle Larga XXII Marzo, 2091/b, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
This tour is divided into two parts.
From a centrally located meeting point you will enjoy a view of the city from the water.
You will be assisted in boarding the Gondola, one of the most recognized symbols of Venice - up to 6 people per Gondola - at the landing stage of San Moisè.
Experience how the locals were transported by these beautiful black, elegant rowing boats, throughout history.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Once disembarked from the Gondola, you will need to make your way back to the Clock tower of Venice, in Saint Mark’s Square, and from there will be accompanied to the Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, and the only one of its kind in Italy, thanks to the sumptous golden mosaics and impressive marble inlay flooring.
During the tour you will be able to sit down in the church and absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with history and particularities of this ancient Basilica.
The tour includes the visit of the famous Pala d'Oro, an altarpiece made of gold and silver and an exquisite example of Byzantine art with a myriad of gems and precious stones.
Duration: 1 hour
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Entrance fee
- Shared gondola ride
- Entry/Admission - Gondola Bauer
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- The Gondola Ride is not guided
- Pick up and drop off
- Food or drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women inside the St Mark's Basilica
- Backpacks and large bags are NOT allowed inside the church
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
I learned a lot from the Golden Basilica Tour. I only wish I could have spend more time in the basilica and gone to the top. We got to see Mozart's house during the Gondola tour! Was extraordinary.
The company running the tour was rude on the phone. I was late due to water bus.I met up with the group after the gondola ride to go in the church. Met up with the tour, the lady was very rude, men were nice. They put me on a later gondola ride. Hard to understand lady guiding church tour.
good tour....enjoyed gondola ride
Not so good. First, the organization of the tour was poor. They didn't communicate very well with us where to go, gondola driver spent the whole trip on the phone and texting and was completely disinterested and the tour guide of st marks was incomprehensible. The city is amazing, as is the church