Gondola Ride and St Mark's Basilica Tour
At only a few steps from Piazza San Marco, the gondola will take you along the enchanting canals of the historic centre. The itinerary of the gondola ride involves both some unusual areas of Venice and some of the city’s major buildings, such as the Gran Teatro La Fenice and the Basilica della Salute. You will admire the incomparable beauty of some areas accessible only by the water and enjoy the typical and relaxed sway of the gondola.
After the gondola ride – approx. 35 minutes – you will go to St Mark's Square to take part in the guided visit of the basilica... Skip the long lines to access the basilica and immerse yourself in its unique atmosphere! The guide will tell you the history of the Byzantine cathedral and give you complete explanations about its precious interiors. The tour also includes the access to the marvellous Golden Pall.
Please note the gondola ride has no explanations. The guided tour takes place only inside St. Mark's Basilica.
- Gondola ride
- Skip the line access and guided tour of St. Mark’s Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the Basilica guided tour is BILINGUAL, so explanations are provided in two languages if the audience is mixed
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you
- In cases of religious ceremonies, exceptionally high tides or other special occasions, access to St. Mark's Basilica may not be permitted
- To visit St Mark's Basilica it is necessary to dress appropriately (no shorts, vests or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons
- The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In such cases, you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary
- A gondola can host up to 6 people, thus if your reservation includes more than 6 people, your group will be divided into smaller groups, or rather you will enjoy different gondolas
- This is a collective tour, so there might be other people enjoying your same gondola. In this case people belonging to your reservation can be divided into different gondolas
This combo was a great value for time and money. I only wished the gondola guide talked a little. Great to skip the lines!
Gondola ride was really fun. St. Mark's Basilica tour at 1 hour was good timing for us as we were traveling with a teenager. Church tour guide was very nice, knowledgeable and spoke perfect English however, would have preferred a bit more information on the history of the Church, e.g., construction who, when, etc., as it appeared that much of that information had been shared in an earlier tour that preceded ours. In any case, we still recommend this tour - skip the line was really helpful - and seeing the mosiac art and other beautiful works were incredible.
Unable to do due to wife getting sick, however watching the gondolas go past our hotel on the grand canal was fantastic
The Gondola ride was nice and relaxing. The tour of St Mark's was great, the guide was excellent and explained what we were looking at with great knowledge.
Gondola ride was ok but the St. Mark's Basilica tour was very unorganized. I would not recommend this tour!
The gondola ride was awesome, a must do when in Venice, but the tour thru the basilica was very busy, and hard to hear what the guide was saying even with head phones, due to the amount of people in the basilica. Ok but not great