Venice Grand Canal Gondola Serenade with Dinner
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
“The most beautiful road in the world”, this is how the Grand Canal is known as. Gondola serenades have always been part of Venetian culture, an unchanged tradition for an unchageable city. If you look around, what you will see is almost exactly what a nobleman in the 18th century might have looked upon, and before him a Renaissance courtesan and before him a merchant in the Middle Ages.
Pass By: Teatro La Fenice, Campo San Fantin San Marco 1965, 30124 Venice Italy
Once one of 7 major theatres in the city, today the Fenice is Venice’s one and only opera house. It is surely a jewel among European theatres, and began to shine from the beginning, as the best composers of the age wrote and performed their operas here, among which Bellini, Donizetti and Rossini. But it was Giuseppe Verdi who is most attached to the Fenice and to Venetian memory.
Pass By: Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Just East Accademia Along Gran Canal, 30123 Venice Italy
Peggy Guggenheim Collection, one of the most important art collections in the world. Peggy Guggenheim, originally from New York, arrived in Venice in 1949 and began to satisfy art addiction buying this wonderful building where she displayed invaluable artworks to the world. The beautiful terrace you see is where Guggenheim sun-bathed regularly looking onto the Grand Canal.
Stop At: Venice Tours, Sestiere San Marco 1130 close to Hard Rock Cafe, 30124 Venice Italy
After the wonderful ride you will taste real Italian food in a typical venetian restaurant! At the moment of reservation, you can choose between three restaurants:
• Dinner Menu at Ai Coristi: 2-course (fish or meat) with side dish and 1 bottle of water (75 centiliter) every 2 persons
• Classic Menu at Santo Stefano: 2-course (fish or meat) with side dish. Soft drinks and coffee included
• Deluxe Dinner at Santo Stefano: 2-course (fish or meat) with side dish and dessert. Soft drinks and coffee included
• Dinner at Giglio Restaurant: 2 courses, dessert and coffe. Drinks are not included
Only for Santo Stefano: Please note that if you like to have wine, the price of the soft drinks or coffee will be deducted from wine’s cost
Duration: 1 hour
- Dinner in a lovely Venetian restaurant from 6.00 PM to 09.00 PM (Private table)
- 30 minutes shared gondola ride
- Live music with serenade (see ADDITIONAL INFO)
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- You will receive the QR CODE and instructions to activate the commentary of your mobile app
- Please, download the mobile app before to start the tour. On your device POP GUIDE icon will appeart
- You should have one voucher for the gondola, one voucher for the restaurant or to show the mobile vouchers twice.
- The Gondola Ride does not operate in case of exceptionally bad weather, high/low tide or local gondoliers strike (in these cases it can be postponed the days after otherwise it will be refunded)
- The tour is not private but is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- Each gondola can hold a maximum of 6 people; the seat aboard cannot be chosen but will be assigned by the gondolier depending on guests' weight
- The gondola serenade includes a pair of musicians (a singer and a musician) who will be boarded in one of the gondolas to perform throughout the trip; there are not musicians on each gondola; to permit all participants to listen the serenade, the musicians will board on a gondola in the centre of the row
- Free under 2 years ONLY if child does not occupy an own seat. Any purchase at the restaurant for children under 2 years shall be paid directly on the spot.
- NOTE: The choice of courses is not replaceable, if customers wish to take other courses, they shall pay directly to the restaurant the difference due - The tour does not include special request (candlelight, special cakes, prosecco, wine etc.) - For vegetarians, people with food intolerance problems or with special diet requirements, a specific request shall be made upon reservation
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
THE DINNER WAS GREAT!!! The deluxe dinner pepper steak at Ristorante Pizzeria Santo Stefano was excellent. Make a second copy of your voucher as the folks at the restaurant need a separate voucher. The plaza Santo Stefano was charming. SKIP THE GRAND CANAL GONDOLA RIDE. The gondola ride had four boats with each boat filled to 6 people. I sat alone at one end of the gondola my wife sat on a stool in front of me. The seat was not secure for my wife, her stool was not even bolted to the gondola. The music was in a separate boat and we could not hear the music. Since this particular ride is on the Grand Canal there were waves made by the large boats on the canal. Most of the time was spent trying to stay away from the boat traffic in the canal. The gondola ride was too turbulent, a ride in the minor canals would be better. THE DINNER WAS GREAT!!!