Hidden Venice Walking Tour
You will meander through the historical heart of Venice in the company of an experienced guide, who will provide you with key information and curious anecdotes about the long history of the city. You will have the chance to see the exteriors of famous architectural masterpieces such as La Fenice Opera House and the Rialto Bridge.
Starting near St. Mark's Square, the tour will reach La Fenice - the major opera house in Venice, sadly notorious for being destroyed by fire - to let you admire its classical exteriors; the itinerary will then continue to Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo, a great example of Gothic architecture. This elegant palace is famous for the original external staircase... Not easily to find on your own, this building is one of the most appreciated sights of our tour!
The guided walk will end at the Rialto Bridge, a superb example of Venetian engineering which dates back to 16th century.
Do not miss the opportunity to get in touch with the soul of Venice! Book now this fascinating tour and enjoy some of the lesser-known areas of Venice!
- Guided walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
- At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is bilingual, so explanations are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
- During the summer period (from April 1st to October 31st) in English the tour is always monolingual. In Spanish, French and German the tour could be BILINGUAL, because explanations will be provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed.
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- From November 1st to March 31st: Bilingual Tour (explanations during the walking tour are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed). English: every day; Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday, Sunday; French: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; German: Monday, Friday.
- From April 1st to October 31st: English: every day; Bilingual Tour: Spanish: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday; French: every day; German: Monday, Friday.
Generic large-group walking tour. Nothing special
The tour guide was very knowledgeable and informative. A leisurely paced tour of great interest seeing many lesser known sites.
We were really looking forward to this tour and were very satisfied with the tour itself. The guide was very knowledgeable and pleasant. The only hiccup was they changed the meeting place and we were not informed. While waiting I approached a guide and he told us the meeting place was changed and to follow him. he said it was changed two weeks ago, and I asked why we weren't informed and he said very rudely it takes two week to update the website. We encountered him the next day also with another tour we were taking and again, just very rude to people. This tour company seems very frustrated with interacting with the public. I am glad our other tours did not involve this company.
missed to many stares
Yesterday--sept1, 2016 our 90 minute tour began 20 minutes late. So it became a 70 minute tour with no explanation. The audio was full of static and difficult to hear. It was interesting to wind around the back alleys. We would not recommend this tour.
We did this tour within hours of arriving in Venice. The meeting point is central and easily found and the guide was very informative. This tour was a good introduction to the area between St Marks and Rialto.
Second year in a row my wife and I took the Walking Tour, loved it the first time, loved it the second time. Going beyond the normal to see and hear the history of Venice, it was very informative.