Murano, Burano, and Torcello Cruise from Venice
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Laguna di Venezia, Venice Italy
A qualified tour guide will reveal some curiosities about the island and explain its interesting history while you enjoy the wonderful landscape sitting on a comfortable Grand Tourism motor-boat.
Murano, Burano and Torcello are the most beautiful islands of the lagoon.
Enjoy the panoramic boat from where you can take marvelous pictures of Venice and its lagoon
Stop At: Isola di Murano, Isola Di Murano Piazzale Roma o Fondamenta Nuove, 30141 Murano Italy
The first destination is Murano, famous worldwide for its glass-blowing art. You will visit a real furnace and see a local artisan create glass artworks using antique techniques. During the visit, you will have the opportunity to buy an authentic Murano glass souvenir.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Isola di Burano, San Martino dx 961, 30142 Burano Italy
Next, this tour will take you to Burano, the island celebrated for its lace-making tradition and for the multi-colored houses. Get off the boat and, after a few meters, you will be in the magnificent main Square of the island.
On the right side of the Square, you will see San Martino’s Church which houses the “Crucifixion” painting by Tiepolo, and the famous leaning tower. Walk along the narrow streets and picturesque canals of the island, buy lace products to keep as special mementoes of this experience or go into a pastry store and try local sweets– the “Bussolà” and the “Esse” biscuits.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Torcello Island, Venice Italy
The last stop is Torcello: the first center of civilization in the estuary. On this quiet and sparsely populated island, you can see the most ancient churches of the lagoon: The Cathedral of “Santa Maria Assunta” with its magnificent mosaics and the church of “Santa Fosca” a testimony of the island’s former glory.
At end you will come back on the Grand Tourism boat and return to St. Mark’s Square.
Duration: 30 minutes
- Guided tour on board with a qualified and experienced tour guide
- Transportation by panoramic boat with toilet.
- Entry/Admission - Isola di Murano
- Entrance fees to churches in Torcello
- Food and drinks
- Hotel Pick-Up
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is mandatory to be at the meeting point 20 minutes before the departure time, upon arrival at the redemption location you should present your printed voucher to the representative, once verified you obtain the ticket and can join the tour.
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same part
- The visit could be multilingual.
- The tour will not take place in case of exceptionally bad weather, boats are completely covered, the tour operates regularly in case of rain (in these cases it can be postponed the days after).
- Unfortunately this tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- The afternoon of the Burano Regatta (September 16th) the tour does not stop in Torcello.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
We had a nice time and really enjoyed the glass making at island of Murano. The other stops not too much to see or do and it was a very short time allowed at each island. My visit was in winter so not sure if that impacted the not much to see or do. The boat ride was comfortable and enjoyable.
Great trip, however I would suggest that during the winter months, they should make the departure a bit earlier! We traveled on the 1st of January 2017, and only left Venice at 14:00, this meant that by time we reached Burano, the sun was already setting, and we only arrived back in Venice at 18:30.. would have been great to get back slightly earlier. Experience was great though and well worth the money spent!
Awesome trip! I do wish we had spent more time in Burano and less in Torcello. By the time you walk to the church and back your time is up in Torcello - no time to see anything.