Private Tour: Venice Half-Day Walking Tour
On the day of your tour, meet your guide in central Venice at your selected time, then set off to explore. If you’re staying near St Mark's Square (Piazza San Marco), you might choose to view some of Venice’s stunning churches, such as the Church of San Zaccaria and Santa Maria Formosa Church, before entering the bustling Rialto Fish Market to see what’s been hauled in from the Venetian lagoon.
While your guide will not be able to accompany you into churches or other historical buildings, they will be able to share interesting facts and stories with you as you wander around Venice. Toward the end of the tour, call into a traditional Venetian bar. Relax as you sip on a glass of wine and munch on an appetizer, while chatting with your private guide.
After three hours, the tour concludes at the original departure point.
Please note: St Mark’s Square, St Mark’s Basilica (Basilica of San Marco) and Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) cannot be visited on this tour. Churches may also be inaccessible on Sunday mornings when religious ceremonies are taking place.
- Private Walking Tour (3 hours)
- Professional guide
- Private tour and commentary
- Appetizer and one glass of wine at a Venetian bacaro
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour is accompanied by a tour hostess and can cover any kind of city sightseeing. Hostesses are not allowed to give precise historical and artistic explanation inside palaces and churches and give short information only
- Usually the hostess accompanies tourists along unknown parts of the city sharing stories
- San Marco square, Ducal Palace and the Basilica can not be visited on this tour
- Your tour guide cannot accompany you into any church or historical buildings
- On Sunday mornings it is not possible to enter any of the visited churches due to religious functions taking place. Rialto Market is closed every Sunday and Monday. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
Venice was a fun city, glad we did the tour. However, there are a few things I would change. We had to meet to start the tour at the travel agency office, which was VERY difficult to find. We ended up calling them to get a land marker and finally found it. But why not meet at a common central landmark. Our tour guide was very old we're in our late 40's, opinionated and didn't really try to connect with us. She was very knowledgable about Venice and the history of Venice, but wasn't interested in us or sharing anything other than historical facts. The tour included 1 glass of wine and one small local snack. We understood this to be a 3 hour tour but she ended at about 2.5 hours, maybe due to the fact that it was so HOT.
Was great on our first day to walk around some of the areas of Venice that we would not normally have seen and learn a lot about the history of the place. ur guide was excellent and it was no trouble answering any questions we had
Asked our guide, Barbara, to show us hidden Venice and had a fascinating walk around the back streets learning about the city and the people. We went at our own pace stopping off for coffee when tired rather than being rushed from place to place. Highly informative and amusing. We all agreed that on future city visits we would book a guided tour to help acquaint ourselves with our surroundings.
Grace is from Venice. She is knows a tremendous amount of history and stories about the region and its relationship to other countries and cultures throughout time. She is also a very helpful and kind person. Grace's tour provided my wife and me with the perfect start and an excellent overview of Venice ranging from history and locations and the development of this beautiful city. While expensive, a tour with Grace was well, well worth it -- especially at the start of our visit -- so we could better understand the significance of what we saw and experienced for the rest of our stay in this spectacular and wondrous place. Thank you Grace! -Cliff and Sue Woods
Excellent overview with a lot a local insights from our guide. She really knew Venice and made the tour really interesting.