Secret Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
On the land part of the tour, your expert guide will lead you to discover some famous buildings such as La Fenice Opera House, as well as more curious and peculiar ones such as Palazzo Contarini del Bovolo, with its elegant spiral staircase. La Fenice, unfortunately known for being repeatedly destroyed by fire and rebuilt, is the main opera house in the city and it hosted many concerts of great Italian composers like Rossini, Verdi, Bellini and Donizetti. At La Fenice Theatre you will visit its remarkable exteriors, restored several times and finally brought back to glory.
Then you’ll continue to the Rialto area, the oldest part of Venice and the one which still preserves the most genuine customs and traditions of Venice. In the heart of this area you’ll find the famous Rialto Bridge, with its unique staircase densely populated by many shops.
After this enchanting stroll through the narrow streets of Venice, the water part of the tour will start. On the opposite side of the well-known Harry's Bar, where a famous station for gondolas is located, your water journey will begin. The tour will let you discover the Basilica della Salute, one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture, which offers a diffent perspective view according to the point from which it is observed. The Basilica was offered to the Virgin Mary to pray for the eradication of the plague of the seventeenth century.
Moreover you'll have the opportunity to navigate through small, quaint, minor canals of Venice, leaving the more famous Grand Canal and heading to other important and majestic places. During the gondola ride you'll meet La Fenice theater again: having walked around it only a short time before, you will now see this famous theatre from another, different point of view.
This combined tour will offer you the extraordinary opportunity to enjoy a guided walk in Venice and a Venice gondola reservation to sense the true atmosphere of this incomparable city. Two distinct ways of living Venice, combined into a single tour to leave you unforgettable memories of your visit in Italy.
- Guided tour (during the walk)
- Gondola ride
- Entry tickets
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
- At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is bilingual, so explanations are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed. No explanations are provided during the gondola ride.
- Please note that this is a combo tour of 2 single itineraries: a 1.5-hour walking tour, and a 30-minute gondola ride
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In such cases you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Languages available (only for the walking tour, as the gondola tour does not provide explanations)
- A gondola can host up to 6 people, thus if your reservation includes more than 6 people, your group will be divided into smaller groups, or rather you will enjoy different gondolas.
- This is a collective tour, so there might be other people enjoying your same gondola. In this case people belonging to your reservation can be divided into different gondolas.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
This tour was amazing!
Very interesting, quite informative.
We ran out of time and could not do the walking tour, but the gondola ride was amazing!
The tour was in English and then German by one guide - more an 32 people on the tour which meant a lot of hanging around and very slow progress. Didn't help as it was a very cold day so we didn't finish the tour. I think it would have been much better to have two separate guides, one for each language. The size of the group was much too big as we also took a gondola ride, so again, lots of waiting around.
The gondola ride was crowded and tippy. The gondolier spent time checking his phone rather then telling us about anything around us. The tour was good, but it was cold and long because everything was repeated in English and then German. I thought there were 2 tours not one twice as long.
The gondola ride was longer than I expected and great fun! Our tour guide was not only very informative, but very funny. Exceeded expectations.
Excellent tour with knowledgeable guide. Also enjoyed the gondola ride