Skip the Line: Morning Venice Gondola Ride and Walking Tour with St Mark's Basilica
You’ll feel privileged as the visit proceeds, taking you where the house of Marco Polo once stood and to the famous Teatro Malibran. The last part of this poetic stroll will take you to the main shopping area: the Mercerie, composed by enchanting narrow streets where valuable goods were once sold.
The second part of the tour includes a gondola ride to discover some new and not very well-known areas of one of the most beautiful cities in the world! The gondola tour will let you discover the Basilica della Salute, one of the finest examples of Baroque architecture, which offers a different perspective view according to the point from which it is observed.
Furthermore, you'll be able to navigate through minor picturesque canals of Venice, leaving the more famous Grand Canal and heading to other important and majestic places. During the gondola ride you'll meet La Fenice theatre, the main opera house in the city, and marvel at its stunning exteriors from the water.
At the end of the gondola ride, you will move to St Mark’s Square to take part in the final part of the tour: the guided tour of St. Mark’s Basilica, where you can admire the preciousness of its materials and interiors.
You'll be led through rich and sophisticated architectural structures as well as to the valuable remains of St. Mark.
Your knowledgeable guide will lead you to discover the major altar of St. Mark’s Cathedral and the Golden Pall, considered one of the most valuable objects in the world, due to the preciousness of its materials.
- Guided walking tour
- Gondola ride
- Skip the Line access and guided visit to St Mark’s Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Commentary/guide during the gondola ride
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note this is a combo tour including 3 single tours.
- Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the tour departure time.
- At the tour departure point you will meet a representative who will check your vouchers and give you information to do the tour.
- During the winter period (from November 1st to March 31st) the tour is bilingual, so explanations are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed. Non explanations are provided during the gondola ride.
- No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants going on the tour with you.
- The gondola ride might be suspended in case of bad weather. In such cases you are required to go to the tour departure point in order to know whether the tour takes place or not and any alternative ways to use the service.
- In cases of religious ceremonies or exceptionally high tides, access to St Mark s Basilica may not be permitted.
- To visit St Mark s Basilica it is necessary to dress appropriately (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed for safety reasons.
- Please note that, due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistic problems resulting from it, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that people with walking difficulties and wheelchair users could not be able to access some parts of the itinerary.
- Only for the waking tour and guided visit. Explanations during the gondola ride are not provided.
- From November 1st to March 31st: Bilingual Tour (explanations during the guided visit are provided in two languages if the audience provenience is mixed). English: from Monday to Saturday; Spanish: Wednesday, Saturday; French: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday; German: Monday, Friday.
- From April 1st to October 31st: English: from Monday to Saturday; Spanish: from Monday to Saturday; French: from Monday to Saturday; German: from Monday to Saturday; Italian: Saturday.
- A gondola can host up to 6 people, thus if your reservation includes more than 6 people, your group will be divided into smaller groups, or rather you will enjoy different gondolas.
- This is a collective tour, so there might be other people enjoying your same gondola. In this case people belonging to your reservation can be divided into different gondolas.
The walking tour was well done and interesting, St. Marks Basilica was amazing and well time by this tour company. The Gondola Ride however was disappointing, there was 6 of us in the boat and this took away from the ride. It just felt like a boat ride but nothing special, and with no commentary it was lost on us. I would do the tour and walking portion and get a separate Gondola ride if you want to take one.
This tour was three-pronged - walking tour of Venice; Gondola ride; tour of St. Mark's Basilica. Each prong was led by a different guide - the number of people for each prong of the tour was very large and while the staff were very pleasant, there was a bit of disorganization in getting all the right people together for each leg of the tour. Despite this, the guides were very knowledgeable of the history of Venice and St. Mark's Basilica - and very accommodating with answering questions and pointing our interesting aspects of the tour.
I great way to see the center city with a guide and ear piece to hear along the way. Perfect if you have a few days, some for your own exploring and this day to hear all the information you wanted to hear or have questions about. A lot of people getting sorted out at the beginning but runs smoothly afterwords. Only downside, it can be busy and backed up. Keep in mind that you are in skip the Line and much better off than others. It moves faster and you can have more of your own time at the end rather than waiting in long lines till sundown.
Although we missed the Basilica tour due to an unforeseen religious event that day, Viator gave us a partial refund and we enjoyed our morning tour and the gondola ride was great!
Loved the gondola ride