Skip the Line: Venice in One Day Including Boat Tour
Visit the famed basilica of St Mark's with skip-the-line admission, without having to stand in long queues! At the Scuola di San Marco, learn about the medieval trade schools of Venice that provided the foundations for the great mercantile empire of Venice.
Leaving the crowds behind, enter a labyrinth of narrow passageways, alleys and meandering canals punctuated by delicate bridges as you further explore the enchanting city with your guide. Explore the lively Campo Santa Maria Formosa with its outstanding Gothic palaces, and view Marco Polo's house as well as an old merchant's warehouse and the city’s most beautiful wellhead.
Complete your walking tour near the Rialto Bridge, and enjoy free time before your boat tour of the Grand Canal begins. (Depending on the season, your boat tour will start between 4:00pm and 5:00pm. Your guide will provide details of the exact meeting location and time after the walking tour.)
Next, enjoy a relaxing one-hour cruise along the Grand Canal of Venice via water taxi. Along the way you will learn the history of the stunning palaces and churches that line the famous canal, as well as hear anecdotes about the famous people who have resided on Venice's most important ‘street.’ During the second half of your boat tour, discover the minor canals of Venice and soak up the romantic atmosphere.
Please note: St Mark's Basilica is free of charge to enter and we guarantee that you'll skip any long lines as part of this tour. Venice is subject to flash floods and occasionally the Basilica is closed to the public (without notice) because of high water or festivities.
- Professional guide
- Walking tour (2 hours)
- Grand Canal boat tour by motor-launch (1-hour)
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa di San Zaccaria
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties as passengers are required to step down onto the boat when boarding. The variation of the level of tides can make the vessel unstable
- Occasionally the basilica will be closed to the public (without notice) because of festivities or high water
- It is possible to take the walking tour and boat tour separately (over a couple of days). Please specify the date for each tour at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- In condition of high water, St Mark’s Basilica Skip the line entrance will remain closed
- Skip the line tickets to St Mark’s basilica are valid from 1st April until 31st October – From 1st November to 31st March due to less affluence to St Mark’s Basilica , this service is not provided by the church to all operators and individual travellers
Our tour guide for Venice was terrific. Very knowledgeable and informative. Really enjoyed getting know the history of Venice.
We enjoyed the tour of the cathedral and the surrounding areas. The boat part was also good since she had us sit outside on the boat where we had a very good view.
We expected that visiting the Doge's Palace was included on this tour but found out it is not. The rest of it (walking tour and boat ride) was excellent, but I think we could have saved money by booking both of those separately.
We could not locate the tour guide. Therefore, we reached the tour agent office. They started scolding us for coming there without even asking what was our issue. We will not recommend this tour. We have used many other viator tours which definitely exceeded our expectations. However, definitely not this one.
We saw so much of Venice in one day thanks to this tour. The boat is a really great part of the tour, don't miss that. And wear sunscreen and a hat, it is sunny on much of the tour. Great guides!
We enjoyed the walking portion of the tour and especially the visit to St. Mark’s. Our guide provided a good overview of this amazing city, including both the main piazza and a walk through the streets of Venice. But, the highlight was the water taxi tour in the afternoon. I want to take the boat again!
A great day with knowledgeable guides.skipping queuesand meant We saw lots and boat trip in particular very enjoyable.
This tour was informative however we felt that it was a bit long and drawn out without really learning much information about the city. Our guides were very passionate and proud of their city! This is a good option for those who have never been to Venice and only have a day to spend in the city.