Skip the Line: Venice Walking Tour with St Mark's Basilica
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Avventure Bellissime, 30124 Venice Italy
Local Tour Operator based in Venice
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
Enjoy the visit of St Mark's Basilica with Skip the line tickets
Duration: 15 minutes
- Walking tour (maximum 25 people)
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Tour operates rain or shine
- At certain times it may not be possible to enter to St Mark's Basilica due to religious functions taking place. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- Large bags are not allowed into St Mark's Basilica
- In condition of high water, St Mark’s Basilica Skip the line entrance will remain closed
- Skip the line tickets to St Mark’s basilica are valid from 1st April until 31st October – From 1st November to 31st March due to less affluence to St Mark’s Basilica, this service is not provided by the church to all operators and individual travellers
Led by a knowledgeable and engaging tour guide, this was an excellent tour. St.Mark’s was a rapid visit but this was down to the authorities wishing to move a lot of people through rapidly.
Very easy to link up with guide following the directions given. We had a lovely informatiive walk round St Mark's square and through the Basilica on the ground floor only but this was enough to appreciate this beautiful building. We were taken down many back streets stopping at various places of interest off the beaten track and ending at The Rialto Bridge. I would recommend this walk and 2 hours was just enough to those who have knee and hip issues.
Very disappointed. What tour visits Venice and doesn't go to the Rialto bridge, or even mention it. Also, the guide was more focused on discussing how tourism is ruining Venice and the current owners are turning all their homes into bed and breakfasts. She gave too much leeway to some of the guests and we waited :30 for a bathroom break when they returned eating food. Our visit into St Marks was short and the walk around all the plazas was the majority of the tour. There is so much more to Venice. Very sad.
I was disappointed that the tour did not mention a visit of the Basilique as I would have dressed properly.
Good tour to get into the basilica, however another group jumped in front of our group and left us standing in line so much for skip the line! This tour gives you the basic nuts and bolts of this famous church and it's historical relationship with the church of Rome. Just long enough, under two hours.
Very informative, learned many interesting facts and we were able to see many sites. Our tour guide showed strong interest in her presentation.
Great guide. So much history. Well worth the time and monies.
The guide was very knowledgeable, but it was a very awkward tour. We were not allowed to take pictures in the Basilica because of the reverence requested of the holy site. However, the tour guide talked the entire way through the basilica despite that the signs requested no guided tours. Had we known the guided would be offensive to the location, we would have booked individual tickets or waited in line to get our own tickets. We still had to wait to get in, despite the Skip the Line promise. We definitely didn't want to offend the local requests of reverence when visiting religious sites. The pace was too slow for us as well.