Small Group Venice In a Day with Basilica San Marco and Doges Palace plus Gondola Ride
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
Relax on a 30 minute, all-inclusive gondola ride.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
At St. Mark’s Basilica gape at the incredible works of art and architecture inside.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
Skip the line at the Doge’s Palace and wander through the heart of the historic maritime empire while you hear the best stories of what went on inside the halls of power.
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
Enjoy the sights from the Rialto Bridge in the morning before the crowds descend.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Casa di Marco Polo, Calle Scaleta, 30121 Venice Italy
Stop At: Basilica dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo (San Zanipolo), Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo, 6363 Venice Italy
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Santa Maria dei Miracoli, Campo Dei Miracoli, 30121 Venice Italy
Pass By: Chiesa di Santa Maria Formosa, Castello, 5263, 30122 Venice Italy
Stop At: Mercati di Rialto, Campo della Pescaria Vicino il Ponte di Rialto, 30125 Venice Italy
Stroll through the bustling aisles of the Rialto Fish Market and learn about the city’s rich culinary history along with some tips on where to eat.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Scuola Grande di San Marco, Campo dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo, 6777, 30122 Venice Italy
Pass By: T Fondaco Dei Tedeschi, Calle del Fontego dei Tedeschi Rialto Bridge, 30124 Venice Italy
- Venice walking tour including local Venetian English speaking guide
- Venice gondola ride with no more than 6 people (unguided)
- Small groups of 18 people or fewer for walking section
- Headsets when necessary
- Entry/Admission - Canal Grande
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Entry/Admission - Doge's Palace
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Transportation in between the tours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- St. Mark's Basilica can be subject to unforeseen closures due to particular liturgical celebrations. In the case in which the basilica is closed, we will give you explanations from the outside.
- Please note that lunch is not included on this tour. We have allowed time for you to eat lunch between the AM and PM tours. Your guide will give you recommendations and tell you where to meet after lunch but please be aware that it is your responsibility to arrive at the meeting point in time for your PM tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The prisons and the armory of the Doge's Palace are not wheelchair-accessible, as a result of which we cannot accommodate wheelchairs on this tour.
- Please remember that the basilica is a holy place and attire must be appropriate: Both men and women are asked to wear clothing that covers at least the shoulders and knees. Walks of Italy cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
- This tour runs rain or shine. However, please note that the gondola ride cannot operate during heavy rain or high tides. In this case we will provide an alternative itinerary.
- After your 2-hour exploration of Venice, your guide drops you off at the Gondola Stand for a relaxing gondola ride. The guide will not be with you on the gondola.
- Backpacks are prohibited inside of St. Mark's Basilica.
This was a great tour for the amount of time we were in venice. Very informative and overall a knowledgeable experience!
We had a really great experience on this tour. Our guide, Matis, did an absolutely wonderful job of showing us the sights while explaining the historical and cultural significance. Our group was 12 people, which was a manageable number when weaving through the narrow streets and turns of Venice. Overall, a really great tour!
What a fabulous day we had in Venice. Our guide Paula was wonderful. Her knowledge of Venice and the tips she gave us as a tourist were invaluable. She was a retired history teacher and one could tell she loved the history on Venice.
We had an amazing tour. Our guide covered everything. She was super knowledgeable regarding Venice and clearly demonstrated her ability to dialog with the group. Fantastic tour!
Moses made this a great day. It was a long day with lots to see. I am not sure that he could have crammed anymore information into this tour. By the end of the day, we walked away with a genuine feel for what life was like and why Venice is what it is today. Highly recommend it.
The guides was excellent, tour was good. Recommend it. Anyone should take this tour and prepare to walk, a lot.
A very well scheduled tour but our guide Matteo was amazing. He was so knowledgeable, organized and humorous. I have done many many tours and this is the first time every guest verbally commented as to how interesting he made the tour. Very impressed. Great job Matteo. Thank you
Great intro to Venice. Romi our guide was a local and really knowledgeable. The morning was spent walking around Venice and learning about its history. The Gondola ride was enjoyable, don’t expect it to be romantic as they fit 6 of you in per Gondola and there’s no chance for a photograph together if you are the last ones in the boat as you are not sat together. That said it would cost a lot more to go on your own and it was a great way to see Venice from the water. It was good having a local guide as she was able to point out lots of nice and reasonably priced eating places. The afternoon was spent with a tour of St Marks Basilica and the Dogges Palace which was really interesting. When the tour was over you could use your ticket to access the Museum which was well worth a visit. A very enjoyable day and a great intro to Venice, we would certainly recommend it.
We were in Venice for 1.5 days and this tour was a great way to see the city! Very enjoyable and loved the gondola ride. Have lunch in St Mark’s Square during the break and people watch!
Our guide was excellent. She was extremely knowledgeable and also very upbeat and brought a very positive energy to the day. Any time someone had a question she had a very informative response. She brought her own experience and perspective to the tour as well as giving very clear historical information to what we were seeing.
This tour was okay. Venice is not that large so we had already seen everything the evening before. The tour guide was boring and we ended up leaving early so we could explore on our own. If you are going to Venice, there is no need for this walking tour. You can see pretty much everything on your own and twice!.
Our tour guide Alessandro Trabuca was excellent and had such passion for the community and the beauty of Venice. Although it was alot of walking it was a great tour and amazing one too.
It was a great way to see the most important parts of Venice . Moses our guide was great he knew everything about everything