Skip the line Saint Mark's Basilica Guided Walking Tour in Venice
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
An official guide will provide you with a wealth of information regarding Saint Mark's Square and then accompany you on a detailed tour of the Golden Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, the only one of its kind in Italy, thanks to the sumptuous golden mosaics and impressive marble inlay flooring.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di San Marco, San Marco 328, 30124 Venice Italy
During the tour you will be able to sit down in the church and absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with history and particularities of this ancient Basilica.
The tour includes the visit of the famous Pala d’Oro -an altarpiece made of gold and silver, and an exquisite example of Byzantine art with a myriad of gems and precious stones.
The tour lasts one hour and concludes outside the Basilica in Saint Mark's Square.
Duration: 40 minutes
- Local guide in English, Frenche, German, Italian and Spanish
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines (summer)
- Entrance fee
- Entry/Admission - Basilica di San Marco
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Check-in is 15 minutes before the tour start time
- Backpacks and large bags are not allowed inside the church
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On very few occasions the Basilica may be closed due to high water, the tour will not be cancelled but the explanation of the Basilica will take place from the outside
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
The tour started rather badly, it was chaos because there were so many people and not enough ear pieces. I rolled my eyes and braced myself for misery. Instead, the guide was exceptional. We were escorted to the central nave to sit and listen to her stories whilst the other visitors wandered around the perimeter in a timed line, looking bemused. She was funny, incredibly knowledgeable, and some of things she told us I am still telling others to this day. If you do one thing in Venice book this tour!
This was a great tour, our guide was very knowledgeable and was happy to share her knowledge with us. We learned a lot and were amazed by the beauty and history. We highly recommend this tour.Thank you